Revell RF-4C Phantom

Derek B

Thank you Jarrod, I'll be looking forward to that (could you also copy them to Thierry Laurent as well please?).

Many thanks and best wishes

Derek

Derek,

I can send you some additonal pictures upon my retrun from Singapore around the 4th of September.

Jarrod

Thank you Jarrod, I'll be looking forward to that (could you also copy them to Thierry Laurent as well please?).

Many thanks and best wishes

Derek

Derek,

No sweat will do upon my return (hopefully soon).

Jarrod

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

No further progress at present (due to pressures of having to complete several master patterns). I have assembled the ejection seats and carried out a little cleaning up and reshaping on them prior to detailing them, but that is about all, oh, and I've repainted the cockpit interior grey colour to the correct FS shade. I cannot decide whether or not to add the fuselage top longeron/canopy sills, or just go with the kit sills? I shall post updates as soon as I am able to recommence work again - hopefully soon :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Derek

Any updates? :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

You are correct, the 'fogged up' glazing is caused by rough grade sanding sticks. I used only the Mastercaster's sanders (and Miracle shiner) to restore the clarity to the glazed pieces.

Derek

Derek, awesome work my friend. A quick question were can I find Mastercaster sander and Miracle shiner? Do you have link to website? Is Miracle shiner anything like future floor polish? TIA.

Mike

Derek, awesome work my friend. A quick question were can I find Mastercaster sander and Miracle shiner? Do you have link to website? Is Miracle shiner anything like future floor polish? TIA.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Link to mastercasters: http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/5.html

Their miracle shiners and sanders are high quality foam backed sanding and polishing sticks used in the finger nail care industry (so you can buy similar sticks through that route as well). The miracle shiner is just an ultra fine polishing stick used to restore the gloss lusture to a surface (nothing to do with Johnsons Klear or Future floor wax/acrylic polish - I add this after polishing to provide an even clearer transparency and add protection...It also works well as glue as well!).

HTH

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Excellent work Derek; not sure how I've missed this until now?

Glad you jumped in!!

Barry

Thanks Barry - I am keen to restart work on this build, just life getting in the way lately!

Cheers

Derek