Revell RF-4C Phantom

Derek B

Brian: Thanks again for the compliments. Yes, they are new (first time I have had the chance to use them in anger - I am truely impressed with them B)).

Periklis: 'Clarify' is probably the correct word :( You are correct, the 'fogged up' glazing is caused by rough grade sanding sticks. I used only the Mastercaster's sanders (and Miracle shiner) to restore the clarity to the glazed pieces.

Derek

Guest LSP_Jay L

I see what you mean about plugging the sanders! Thanks mate, that is some superb product placement! It is good to see you doing such good work with them, as I could go on about how good they are until I am blue in the face, but it is when they are in capable hands that guys get to see what they are capable of!

Cheers mate,

Jay

Jay,

I'm so glad that you have marketed these sanders for the benefit of the modelling world - I can't say enough how good they really are. A modeller is only as good as his tools, and these are amongst the best.

Cheers

Derek

I see what you mean about plugging the sanders! Thanks mate, that is some superb product placement! It is good to see you doing such good work with them, as I could go on about how good they are until I am blue in the face, but it is when they are in capable hands that guys get to see what they are capable of!

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but I have come to a slight halt on the Phantom, and I need your help once more. I have a few images of the front and rear cockpits, so I have a rough idea of what is required here. However, I have just spent the last two days surfing the net for good pictures of the areas behind the seats and fuselage cockpit sidewalls, and have found nothing of use! (I cannot even find any good cockpit sill pictures).

Without these, I cannot determine how much work to carry out in these areas. If anyone has any clear pictures of the inside of the cockpit sidewall detail/structure for the RF-4C, or behind the seat and cockpit canopy sill details, then this would help me to complete the cockpit detailing. In addition, I noticed that the front cockpit instrument coaming/glare shield is ribbed - does anyone know how many ribs there are in this area please?

In the meantime, I shall continue detailing the ejection seats.

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but I have come to a slight halt on the Phantom, and I need your help once more. I have a few images of the front and rear cockpits, so I have a rough idea of what is required here. However, I have just spent the last two days surfing the net for good pictures of the areas behind the seats and fuselage cockpit sidewalls, and have found nothing of use! (I cannot even find any good cockpit sill pictures).

Without these, I cannot determine how much work to carry out in these areas. If anyone has any clear pictures of the inside of the cockpit sidewall detail/structure for the RF-4C, or behind the seat and cockpit canopy sill details, then this would help me to complete the cockpit detailing. In addition, I noticed that the front cockpit instrument coaming/glare shield is ribbed - does anyone know how many ribs there are in this area please?

In the meantime, I shall continue detailing the ejection seats.

Many thanks

Derek

Check your Pm box :blink:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Thanks for your help (and kind words) guys...I'm working on the ejection seats now until I can find enough information to detail the cockpit areas around the seats, and sidewalls.

Michael/Frederick, PM's returned.

Chris, you're right about the Mastercasters sanders, once you start to use them, there is no going back ;).

Thanks Pappy...We'll see how it turns out ;).

Cheers

Derek

Periklis,

PM me with your e-mail address, then I can send you some pictures that Thierry sent to me.

Derek

Derek do you know where can i find any refernce photos for the cameras? My next project would probably be an RF-4E!!!!!! Don't know what scale but it has to be 1/48 just for the size of it!!!!!

Periklis,

PM me with your e-mail address, then I can send you some pictures that Thierry sent to me.

Derek

Derek,

I can send you some additonal pictures upon my retrun from Singapore around the 4th of September.

Jarrod