Pics From Flying Lgends - Duxford 8/7/07

This Wurger was 20 squid to sit in - and a really bad t-shirt - if the t-shirt wouldve been ok idve done it - but i know thw t-shirt brand is 1or two pounds to buy so i voted with my feet and didnt cough up- Yes i am a tight barstard! - but i was making a point - those guys must be ritch!!!! :blink:

post-1972-1183929801.jpg

The Hellcat - lovely scheme

post-1972-1183929810.jpg

And another

post-1972-1183929765.jpgzvsdf

Two Corsairs i nearly missed their whole display - nerding it in one of the hangars!! DAMMIT! :blink:

post-1972-1183930071.jpg

Lovely but didtnt float me boat

post-1972-1183930060.jpg

I love Twilight Tear - for not trying to be Big Beautiful Doll No.2

post-1972-1183930045.jpg

wow....thanks for letting us share these photos, must have been a blast to see old these warbirds in their element.

Hopefully i can make it next year...... :blink:

cheers,

Jack

The Hispanio 109 and the spit - my two faves of the day - Rare!

post-1972-1183930953.jpg

My grandad used to jump out of these!

post-1972-1183930959.jpg

The Bearcats extended diplay while the rest formed up

post-1972-1183930970.jpg

Lovely DC3

post-1972-1183930944.jpg

Thanks for looking - i had a really good day - but the p-38 lightning was sorely missed - as was the Thunderbolt! :blink: It just wasnt the same , no whirlind this year and no a-26 - only one B-17.......

But hey! there was lost of good stuff as well - id never seen a 109 fly before and never seen a 190, so i cant complain! and i wont - i hope you enjoy the pics - they had to be downsized a great deal so i hope they still look ok!

Ads

post-1972-1183930976.jpg

Oww and thanks to my lovely wife for sitting in on the whole trip and being understanding! Love you Darlin!

EDIT - Picture of wife reading a book taken down at her request!

Hi Ads,

Nice pictures. I was there on the Saturday...It looks like you got a couple of extra aircraft displaying there which were not on Saturday's flight programme B) :lol:. I really should thank my wife for being patient also...It's a pity that your wife declined to have her picture shown...all modeller's wives/widows deserve recognition for putting up with our obsessions! :lol:.

Cheers

Derek

Hey Ads,

Thanks for sharing those awesome photos!!!! :lol:

That massed fly past looked awesome even in photo form.

Our wives do put up with a lot... I am grateful mine was quite keen to go our last air show :lol:

Thanks again

Alan

I had the opportunity to visit Duxford last year and it was something I will never forget. To see all those vintage planes was awsome. My highlight was getting an up close and personal veiw of P-51D Big Beautiful Doll. This Mustang is just beautiful up close and its why its my all time favorite P-51. But walking around at Duxford knowing the places history was really something. If anyone ever has a chance to go GO because its an experience you wont forget. I'm going back next spring.

B)