Sign in to follow this  
KOTR

Yet another Messerschmidt...

Yay, finally home. My first finished model I present here so far. Not bad for the amount of noise I make in here... :huh:

post-905-1183721636.jpg

The kit is the usual suspect from Hasegawa (not knowing Revell was to rebox it soon :angry: ), EE cockpit, Eduard seatbelt (you may go crazy fiddling them together, but you just can't beat the look of their prepainted belts!), EE spinner, MDC tailwheel, decals are by Eagle Strike.

post-905-1183722034.jpg

Markings are for the Hans-Dieter Bernhard's aircraft of II./JG 53, bellylanded on 19th April 1945 near Kaufbeuren.

post-905-1183722502.jpg

Admitingly, I don't know if the colour combination is really correct. The instructions on the decal sheet suggested, it could be RLM 75/76/82, but other souces say 75/76/77. Well, I had RLM 82 in the house, and no 77 easily available. Feel free to prove me wrong... ;)

(Is that noise I hear an ambulance rushing to some IPMS 'experts' home? :huh: )

post-905-1183722962.jpg

Closing in...

colours used were Gunze for the camo, Tamiya for the yellow cowling, RLM 70? 71?? propblades and RLM 2 parts, Revell acrylics for the fuselage band and to mix the base colours for the shading.

post-905-1183723637.jpg

...and from the right...

I used Testors Metalizer as base coat on the prop blades, layed the colour in question over it and chipped it with a toothpick. Still need to improve this technique a bit...

post-905-1183724094.jpg

The rear end. I used a .25 mm nylon hobby line for the antenna wire, the springs are lenghts of .25 mm copper wire wound around a .4 mm wire

post-905-1183724278.jpg

The office. I arranged the left shoulder belt to hang out of the cockpit, to bring a little life into the cockpit.

post-905-1183724485.jpg

...and the 'pit from the right.

The aircraft received new tactical markings somewhere throughout its life and had the old painted over. I assumed that a proper service stenciling was less of a concern that late in the war, so the fuel triangles are partly overpainted.

post-905-1183724844.jpg