stuey57

where are the decals???

Hi All,

I know we have had a plethora of kits in our scale and far too many for my shrinking wallet but has

the day of the Decal manufactures ended ? Where are they all.

I`ve had my F100 a few weeks now and there`s no sign of any new markings - what`s happening.

There was a time when we had more than enough decals sheets to choose from but now it seems

when there is a new issue it`s usually a `limited edition` or something similar.

New markings were generally available either before or at the time of kit release, you would

think with new technology and all, it wouldn`t be too much of a problem for the very few manufactures

left to get them to us when a kit is released.

Anyway this is just an impatient whinge - it`s an age thing !

Stuey

Only 3 (i think) new sets for the jug as well - but for both planes there is such a big aftermarket!

Cmon manufacturers show us what youve got!

Only three for the Jug. How about decals for Trumpeter's P-38 which has been out for many more moons than the P-47? I can only find one - EagleCal's "Pudgy"!

Montex do a couple of sets for the P-38, Eagle Cal & LSP have P-47 decals in the pipeline, as do Spada for the F-100, USAF natural metal being one sheet, camouflage the other, not forgetting their already released sheet for French F-100, which is superb-I've got one, though not the kit... yet! :)

i understand that meteor productions has at least 3 or 4 sets coming out for the P47. I know they have sets coming out for their F4B conversion and Eagle editions has a couple of more sets coming out for the P47 as well. I wish there would be more sets for the P38 also.

Mike

There is also a Superscale P-47 set - "Shack Rat" in 32nd which I used on my 47

I think there's two factors at work here , first is the invevatable lead time required to produce decals , especially when it's necessary to get the kit to match decal sizes , and then there's the increasing reluctance for decal companies to move into 32nd , Superscale have stopped producing new 32 sheets , Two Bobs , Afterburner and others have seen poor sales of 32nd scale subjects - and so don't want to get into the market :angry:

I know Afterburner were left with a Load of unsold 32nd scale sheets after the initial rush of Vipers slowed , and that's soured them as regards 32ns sheets in the future

Hopefully Cutting Edge will step up soon - .. Please......!

LSP is doing a new P-47 sheet for the NATS, we'll post details in the next week or so. It'll be two aircraft from the 405th FG 9th AF...

"Balls Out" and "Kansas Tornado"

KOOOL :blink:

I love Balls Out! -not outa me shorts mind!!

I did the revel -72nd and apart from the kit - i loved the decals!

Nice one

Or this one with the Minoan Bull? - you got there before - i could even get the picture - Thanks - really good subjects - Kansas tornado is totally different too - Just when i thought there was nothing DIFFERENT coming out!

Got any other news to drop chris?

Eagle Editions is about to release four decal sheets for P-47 Bubbletops in 1/32nd scale. Razorbacks are also in the works. They will also be available in 1/72nd and 1/48th scales for those interested.

If you visit the Eagle Editions site you will see the schemes for EC#104, 105 and 106. The artwork is still underway for EC 107, so nothing we can show you there yet. In all, that is seven schemes soon to be available.

HTH

Mark Proulx

PS, Meteor also did a P-38 sheet in their Pyn Up series for Bongs plane.