Hi all,

Further progress with my F16. I have started to decal it and surprisingly it really has put some life into it.

post-1971-1192360376.jpg

post-1971-1192360332.jpg

Now, the big sting is that I lost concentration during this process and the falcons behind the canopy line are facing the wrong way!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

So after a reasonable amount of swearing I decided to leave them wear they are instead of scratching them off. Not too chuffed but I can live with it. There are still many more decals to go on , then I have to seal them in and use judiciously pastels to finish the weathering of it. Also I am going to use some seriously thinned down colours to cover up where the wash over did it.

Hope you like it so far?

Thanks

Ian :)

Me again, :)

Just wanted to post another picture. Its amazing when you are looking at the subject that you don't really see it. Then you see the photographs, and its like, ' is this mine? Wow.'

post-1971-1192360835.jpg

At least thats how I felt when I saw this. This has to be my most succesful kit yet. I know where I could make improvements in the future and I know where I have learnt, so all in all, I love it so far.

Thanks

Ian ;)

Me again, :lol:

Just wanted to post another picture. Its amazing when you are looking at the subject that you don't really see it. Then you see the photographs, and its like, ' is this mine? Wow.'

At least thats how I felt when I saw this. This has to be my most succesful kit yet. I know where I could make improvements in the future and I know where I have learnt, so all in all, I love it so far.

Thanks

Ian ;)

That's terriffic, Ian! I know exactly what you're saying. We build these for ourselves first and foremost, and it sounds like you've learned a lot along the way. All of that means you can be proud of this one on the shelf, and look forward to an even better result on your next attempt.

Now, wrap this one up so we can enter you in the 'completed' gallery!

Dave

Hi guys,

First and foremost, many sincere thanks for the kind words and encouragement. :D

With progress then, the canopy is in place, the wing and fuselage fuel tanks are in place, the whole aircraft has received a coat of matt clear, and I have placed somemore decals.

No photos of it at this point, but stay tuned, as this will definately be finished in the next couple of days. B)

Thanks

Ian :D

Good evening,

I have this picture to post actually. Excuse the nose cone, it only balanced on there for the purpose of this picture. It is very nearly done. I have some more decals to put on, some lights to the air scoop, and the side winders to the wingtips. Then I think that it is?

Hope you like it.

Thanks

Ian

post-1971-1192565659.jpg

HI Well I for one thank you have dun a fantisic job on this model. It's always great to learn as you build even though it's kinda scarry sometimes, especially when you thank you might destroy alot of hard work.

Texas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi all,

Texas, thanks mate. Now, this aircarft will be finished this evening! Yeehaaaaaaaa!!! :( Just got to drop on a cvouple of bits and she's done. :ph34r:

But.............. Then what, from the list below I must choose, any suggestions you guys???

Thanks

Ian

WOW! Another impressive jet... in a matter of days!

I'm assuming the F-14 won't be far behind either?

I feel like I should make like a Fireman... and get my Arson gear! :rolleyes:

(Quick note though: Be sure to check the orientation of your stars... port side, below the tail. Ssssh... maybe nobody else will notice ;) )