1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

Iain

• 7 months later...

With the current situation and spending a lot more time at home I'm trying to get to grips with Rhino 3D Modelling software - and trying to make accurate 3D models of cowlings for the Connie would be a really good practical exercise.

With that in mind, does anyone on the group possibly have dimensioned factory drawings of the cowlings on the Super Connie/EC-121K?

I have lots of scale drawings, photos and dimensioned Lockheed drawings of most of the rest of the airframe from books that I have - but an original, dimensioned, Lockheed drawing of the cowling would be the icing on the cake...

Probably nothing out there, but if you don's ask!

Any help/pointers *really* appreciated.

Iain

Sorry, Iain, can't help you there.

But if you could get hold of such drawings I would be interested myself. When I prepared a drawing of an L-1049 G back in ... oh, I don't remember ... those cowlings gave me a headache. I just could not get them right.

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I ventured into the garages - and found...

48b427_d416ed99d0c24d93b1a102f364a02f8f~

That's where she lives - too big to have lying around the house!

So I did a little more filling/sanding and shaping - getting there:

48b427_69b4839c80874109b674303033a662fb~

In sitting for quite a while, a small section of fuselage (lower rear) had split away where the vac plastic was very thin - better now than on a finished model!

Area filled with super thin superglue and now drying.

Will cut some circular masks for windows later and prime the whole airframe looking for flaws and shapes - it's a pity my silhouette cutter is 50 miles away!

Still on look out for original Cowling/Nacelle drawings if anyone has any leads?

Stay safe!

Iain

On 3/29/2020 at 8:49 PM, Iain said:

My Lotus Turbo Esprit

I'm reasonably sure that taking your Lotus out counts as essential travel under current regulations?

Next time it needs said exercise, feel free to hop up the A417/419 and I'll happily provide ballast to help ensure your tyres wear evenly... :D