F-18 tiger!!

tigger

Hi Guys

I have been quiet here lately as the work I am doing is mostly for magazine publication, Unfortunately due to complaints to my magazine editor about models that have apeared on the web I have not been able to show you what I am building. Here though is a model I finished a while ago and was featured in the magazine . It is of course the Academy F-18d in 1/32 scale. She won the 1/32 scale straight from the box class at the IPMS Uk Nationals in 2005. Doing her for a magazine I had a deadline and she was finished in just under two weeks B) B)

http://www.modelaircraftmagazine.com/ hope you like her?

IMG_22291.jpg

IMG_22301.jpg

IMG_22311.jpg

IMG_22321.jpg

IMG_22332.jpg

IMG_22351.jpg

IMG_22361.jpg

IMG_22371.jpg

IMG_22381.jpg

IMG_22403.jpg

John :)

John, this is absolutely a winnner, very good paint job, and indeed "how-did-you-paint-the-stripes"....?

Impressive model for sure.... :)

Jack

Beautifully done indeed!

Sure is weird seeing little people in your model but they could have wiped their feet before they climbed in there.

Figures are something we don't often see, even I've stopped doing it.

HI guys

yes the stripes are hand painted as the kit doesn't give them as a decal. In reality it didn't take too long I think a decal would have been a pain with all of the compound curves and large areas to be covered. I used Xtracrylix paint but wouldn't use it again! it kept clogging the airbrush over and over again. During the build I had a disaster too. :angry: I tried to pre shade with a black permanant marker pen. I did the whole aircraft in about ten minutes. After I had sprayed the colours then hand painted the stripes I gave the model a coat of Johnsons Klear. As it dried out the ink leached a red through the paint and a purple shadow appeared. I eventually stripped the model back and started again without the permanant ink. I was later told that Black ink comntains a high red content. OOPs we live and learn. B)

Cheers for now

Thank you for the comments guys. :unsure:

John