MDC RUFE Conversion

Guest canuck63

Guest canuck63

Hi there,

I've noticed that the MDC Rufe conversion to fit the new Tamiya A6M2 has been available for the past two months or so,yet....no piccies to speak of on their site :lol: !

I'd like to purchase one but I'd love to see it before...would it be possible?

TIA

Manu

I ordered one of the A6M2-N sets from their web site and received it a couple of weeks ago. There is no picture of the set but it is listed on the site and can be ordered. It looks great but I haven't done much in the way of dry fitting yet.

Rich S.

Guest canuck63

I ordered one of the A6M2-N sets from their web site and received it a couple of weeks ago. There is no picture of the set but it is listed on the site and can be ordered. It looks great but I haven't done much in the way of dry fitting yet.

Rich S.

Hi Rich,

welcom aboard mate ;) !I know that it can be ordered but a few pics would have ben welcome,even if your feed back is very important and much appreciated!

Could you post a few shots of the conversion?If you're not allowed to yet email them to me

and I'll post them for you!

Thanks a lot for chiming in!

Cheers

Manu

I've noticed that the MDC Rufe conversion to fit the new Tamiya A6M2 has been available for the past two months or so,yet....no piccies to speak of on their site ;) !

I'd like to purchase one but I'd love to see it before...would it be possible?

Manu,

Here's a scan from MDC's excellent color instruction sheet. The lower wing plug (part 3) that covers the Tamiya kit's wheelwells and serves as a base for the main float is very cleverly designed.

Charles Metz

MDC132Rufeconversionparts.jpg

Hi Manu,

As soon as I reread your initial post I realized that my response did not provide the information that you were seeking. I am pretty much in the stone age on digital photography so I am not able to be of much assistance but fortunately Mr. Metz stepped into the breech and got the instruction sheet photos to you.

Cheers,

Rich S.

Guest canuck63

Charles and Rich,

thank you very much for your replies guys!

Wow...loks like a very complete conversion and looks like it will be the second Rufe with correct tail/rudder profile!Gwyna order one of these straightaway and press the decals found in that booklet of mine about this floatplane into service!

I'll sure order it before twilight but one thing puzzles me some.....I'm rather confident that a 1/32 solid main float made out of PU resin won't be lightweight(I've cast a few for my 1/48 Rufe*s* after I had filled the trenches and riveted the Hasegawa one)...how will it(and the rest of the assembled kit,including the "clever plug",of course!) withstand any handling without running the risk of seeing the whole assembly falling apart under its own weight?The conversion surely looks fantastic but this is my(only) concern!

Cheers

Manu

Guest canuck63

Oh...yes...

I think that it's worth pointing out that the Rufe's cockpit layout is a tad different from the Zero's,especially as far as the foot controls and tank switches are concerned...I hope the J-Men will chime in and help us understand what doesn't go where!

I've got a beautiful cutaway of the Rufe which I've found in an old Japanese book,but it doesn't help much -_- !

Arigato very much IA

Cheers

Manu