Hawker Hurricane IIB FINISHED

Allok

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...that is seriously inspirational building. I love the way you've got stuck in and scratched what wasn't to your taste. So different and more skillful than moaning about it in a thread and accusing the world of incompetence. Its such a positive approach that not only showcases what you can do but also what can be done with the kit.

I'll bookmark this thread. The Hurri I have is gonna get your tweaks...love the work.

Cheers Matty

All completed.

Pictures204.jpg

Pictures207.jpg

Pictures208.jpg

Pictures206.jpg

I decided to persevere with the weathering.

Experiments with some severely diluted Tamiya flat white yielded satisfactory paint fade effect. The paint chips are done with a brush and I use metallic grey over flat silver. This time I used matt black for the smoke streaks rather than smoke, seemed to work out better on the darker surfaces.

Some of the other extra bits include; Aeromaster Spitfire decals (The A & B roundels are a little larger than they should be but the colours are good) Hobby Decal dry transfer data.

The landing lights are discs of aluminium foil and melted clear rod. I will try and give details of this in the tips area at some stage.

The rest of the pics are in my photobucket album... RNZAF Hurricane

Enjoy guys.

Allok

That is superb!! What a talent to do so much with that kit! Can't wait to see what you have in store

for us next!

The photography looks the part aswell!

Thanks for the inspiration

Richard :rolleyes: