1/32 Arado 234B

Radub

• 14 years later...
On 5/20/2007 at 9:44 PM, Radub said:

Thanks everyone.

Hi Jamie,

The glue residue was sanded away and cleaned. Some parts look very messy before they are shown. :blink:

Hi Misha71,

My tools are very basic to say the least. I use a steel ruler, an Olfa slide-and-snap modeling knife, a Swann Morton scalpel with a # 11 blade, a Minicraft drill (their basic model) and a few sets of files (one set of Mikromark needle files and a set of Chinese "Diamond Brand" cheap files). I use the Mastercaster sanders a lot. I have a pin vice and a set of miniature drills (0.3 to 13 mm) that I got from Mikromark. I use just one set of bent nose tweezers, that I also use to bend small parts like a pliers. I use a Clisby lathe (very basic) and recently I obtained an Unimat 1 lathe/milling machine but did not put it through its paces yet. All my tools are old, scratched, rusty and splattered with superglue, primer, paint.

All you see is done by hand with basic tools. I use an awful lot of plasticard and styrene extruded shapes (Evergreen, Plastruct, etc) that I buy from my "local" (60 Km away ;-)) model shop.

The glues I use are MekPak, Revell needle-dispenser glue and cheap superglue that I buy in blister packs by the dozen from the local euro store.

Believe me, you do not want to see my desk - it is a mess and at this moment it is covered in dust. :)

HTH

Radu

Hi Radu,

I’m new here.  Apologies for the necropost - Why is it that as a member I also can’t enjoy your work? Your photos are closed to me.

1 hour ago, Magneto said:

Hi Radu,

I’m new here.  Apologies for the necropost - Why is it that as a member I also can’t enjoy your work? Your photos are closed to me.

You may not know this, but some of the image hosting services used in these old threads are defunct or otherwise broken. No one can see the old posted images. It’s not just you.

Reconstructing years worth of illustrations in build logs is a bridge too far for many. Some were so affected by the Photobucket disaster that they pretty much stopped posting works in progress here. It’s what it is.

Adam

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

Hi Radu,

I think the photos may be gone from the server. The photos were uploaded straight to LSP. Back in those days that was possible for LSP to host image files. LSP has moved a few times to various servers since 2007 and chances are that something happened to the photos during one of those moves.
When this happens I recommend the “Way Back Machine” where you can find old snapshots of pages taken over time. Here is the Arado thread as it was in 2021 https://web.archive.org/web/20210602100014/https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/14754-132-arado-234b/page/6/

Radu

2 hours ago, Radub said:

I think the photos may be gone from the server. The photos were uploaded straight to LSP. Back in those days that was possible for LSP to host image files. LSP has moved a few times to various servers since 2007 and chances are that something happened to the photos during one of those moves.
When this happens I recommend the “Way Back Machine” where you can find old snapshots of pages taken over time. Here is the Arado thread as it was in 2021 https://web.archive.org/web/20210602100014/https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/14754-132-arado-234b/page/6/

Radu

Thanks Radu!

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Thanks Radu!

Lol I should have checked the link before - I’ll just let it be!  Hopefully I’ll be able to see any new posts/builds.

Incidentally I’ve noticed that doing my own logs I can’t load up from the camera (iPad pro) - not sure how I can make it happen as being an Apple dude I’m not familiar with URLs

20 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm pleased to report that all the missing images from this thread have been restored. In fact, I've been able to restore in excess of 20k missing images on the server, so hopefully this improve the value and utility of our legacy content.

Kev

Fantastic!!

22 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm pleased to report that all the missing images from this thread have been restored. In fact, I've been able to restore in excess of 20k missing images on the server, so hopefully this improve the value and utility of our legacy content.

Kev

Not meaning to be a killjoy but I get the same as before: jpg that shows jack 

15 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Not meaning to be a killjoy but I get the same as before: jpg that shows jack 

Try doing a hard refresh in your browser: hold down the SHIFT key while reloading the page. If you're on a mobile device, then you might just have to wait for the cache to expire.

Kev