1/32 Arado 234B

Radub

What a very beautiful top-grade, high quality kit this one has turned out to be - you must be well pleased with this one Radu, and deservedly so...I'm sure that it shall sell in droves.

Well done

Derek :wub:

Where is the 'bowing in respect' smiley?

Thanks for the inspiration Radu!

Spectacular...

I still owe you an e-mail...Sorry I've been so busy!

Great photo-etch work you've done. (My A-7 photo-etch is almost ready and the artwork was already finished, but thanks for your offer to help!)

Cheers,

Chris

!

Can't think of a word to describe this Radu!

Makes my models look like Matchbox toys... Come to think of it, some of them are.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Hi Radu,

The photo etch & artwork are superb, especially the former. Will you be providing artwork in 3/4 view form, partitularly for F1 + MT? I guess it's pretty much end of the road now and what a privilege it's been to see the fruits of your labour. I do hope you post your next project and that it's in 1/32!

I ordered one as soon as I saw the ad, but I don't mind the wait-it's gonna be worth it, with bells on!

Be very proud of what you've achieved.

Andy

Thanks Kagemusha. All colour options will be described fully and a short history of each aircraft will also be included.

Thanks Chris.

The kit will include 3 bombs, one SC500 for the centreline rack and two SC250 for the racks under the engines.

HTH

Radu

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Radu,

Could you tell me if the tow bar on the 234 was the same used on the Me262, and do you have any plans to produce one to go with a Dragon/Tamiya Kettenkrad?

Also any recommendations regarding reference books for the kit-especially the cockpit?

Cheers!

Hi Kagemusha,

In as far as I can figure out, the tow bar used with the Kettenkraftrad was different from the tow bar used when towed by a tractor. Either way, there is no tow bar included.

The best reference for cockpit is the "Aero Detail No. 16 Arado Ar234 Blitz" This shows pictures of the restored aircraft preserved in the Smithsonian (some equipment is missing from it, but it has been very well restored).

HTH

Radu

Thanks Ted, I will do my best to build one as soon as possible.

I have the resin parts here and I am working on the instructions sheet. I will post some pictures of the assembled parts as I progress with them.

In the meantime, I finished the camera for the rear bay. As you can see, this is just the lens and shutter section, no film casette. Two of these will be included in the kit. No film casettes will be included in the kit because, first of all they cannot possibly be seen from any angle, no matter how hard one looks and secondly, they would not fit inside the fuselage and will be a waste. Even these parts (i. e. the lens section only, without the film casettes) will require a small bit of "shoehorning" to get in.

Sadly, not much of these will be visible once they are in place - the camera bay openings are so small...

For those interested in using these cameras for other projects, we plan to release them separately (this time with film casettes).

Radu

post-683-1190305483.jpg