1/32 Arado 234B

Radub

And this is the "onion" in place. This set-up gives the right impression of "depth" to the whole exhaust area.

This is the last picture for today. All of these parts are heading for the workshop soon to be copied and cast.

The only thing left to do now are the nose section, the landing gear/wheel wells and the ordinance.

Radu

post-683-1177670982.jpg

hi Radu,

Will the ordnance include the auxiliary gunpack with 2x 20mm MG 151 mgs' (the so-called "Magirusbombe") under the fuselage?

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans,

I will only do a couple of bombs and drop tanks. There is no real and accurate info about that "Magirusbombe". Ten years ago, an Australian member of the (now so quiet) German Projects List interviewed Erich Sommer who actually used one of those gunpacks on his Arado and he said that none of the drawings, kits or "artists' impressions" of that gunpack were accurate. According to his description, it may be the item described in the middle-left drawing on page 73 of Monogram's Monarch book, but I canont be certain of that.

Radu

Radu, if I ever get bench time again I want to try to build as cleanly as you. Are you going to assemble this kit, as a prototype, once all is cast? Is there any discussion as to cost?

Hi Radu,

That is a pity. My question was of course completely selfish (the nightfighter version had the gunpack)... :D

I don't have the Monarch book but Manfred Griehls' "Strahlflugzeug Arado Ar 234 "Blitz" (Motorbook Verlag, Stuttgart 2003) has two photos of the gunpack on page 123. It is a flattened cylinder with two gun barrels poking out of it in front. Hasegawa has had it replicated in its 1:48 version of the Ar 234 nightfighter. According to manfred Griehl the gunpack had a streamlined faring applied around it when hung under the aircraft's belly. The book has a factory drawing -looking more like a sketch- on page 125 of the nightfighter version showing the aircraft and gunpack inside its fairing sideways.

Hans

Radu

This is looking so nice. This is a model that I am anticipating in the same way others looked forward to the Hasegawa P-47.

Your package is assembled, by the way, and waiting for me to get to the post office.

Matt

I am just back from the Scottish IPMS. I delivered the master patterns to Bob from MDC and things are progressing quite well so far. Met Jay there too. I think he liked the master patterns... :D

Radu, if I ever get bench time again I want to try to build as cleanly as you. Are you going to assemble this kit, as a prototype, once all is cast? Is there any discussion as to cost?

Hi Mike,

Of course I plan to build one when finished <_< it is a beautiful plane. The price will be decided when everything is done and there is a clear picture of costs. At this stage it is hard to tell.

Hi Radu,

That is a pity. My question was of course completely selfish (the nightfighter version had the gunpack)... :(

I don't have the Monarch book but Manfred Griehls' "Strahlflugzeug Arado Ar 234 "Blitz" (Motorbook Verlag, Stuttgart 2003) has two photos of the gunpack on page 123. It is a flattened cylinder with two gun barrels poking out of it in front. Hasegawa has had it replicated in its 1:48 version of the Ar 234 nightfighter. According to manfred Griehl the gunpack had a streamlined faring applied around it when hung under the aircraft's belly. The book has a factory drawing -looking more like a sketch- on page 125 of the nightfighter version showing the aircraft and gunpack inside its fairing sideways.

Hans

Hi Hans,

I do not have Manfred Griehl's book. In fact I did not even know it existed. Can you please send me a scan of those photos and sketch? PM me.

Radu

This is looking so nice. This is a model that I am anticipating in the same way others looked forward to the Hasegawa P-47.

Your package is assembled, by the way, and waiting for me to get to the post office.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I am looking forward to it.

Radu

This is turning out nice. I hope it finishes up as nicely as your Ki-61 did. I saw a review of the kit in SAMI and you did an excellent job on thatone.

I really enjoy watching you build these masters, it is so very educational. Thank you for posting them.

jim

hi radub!

i still do not have internet at my home place and so i can not participate alot in lsp life. i am happy if i can write an update of my heinkel from time to time.

however, now i couldnt resist to congratulate you to your great build! this is something absolutely stunning. i am very curious about how you are ging to do the vacfoamed canopy. something i would really learn from you.

i am also very impressed about your scribing. i could never do such a clean job.

the engine looks very good. i would have loved to use your pe edched fanblades for my heinkel. the only thing i would maybe try to get onto the master is the double layer at the end of the tube. i hope you know what i mean.

just another question.... where did you get the vacfoamed kit from. i am asking because i have always dreamed to do such a job as yours here with a heinkel 111.

cheers and keep up the great work

klaus

I placed an order at MDC yesterday and the guy was literally salivating at the quality of the stuff Radu was sending regards the Ar 234, can we please focus on the positives that such a supreme master modelmaker is producing in 1/32, imagine if you saw his Bf109 canopy's in 1/48 let alone the Ki-61 or Ar 234!

Long may he reign and make all our dreams come true!