Nakajima J8N-1 Kikka

Hacker

post-542-1177166459.jpg

Its starting to look like the fuselage. l will have to put a second layer of skin on it as l am only using thin styrene but l may admend my thinking on it. My orginal idea was to laminated a second skin on for scribing purposes but l got to thinking what if l cut out the panels instand and glue then on?? l know many of scratchbuilders that do that ( Alan Clarke comes to mind). l have to explore that option further and let you know if it was a valid alternative. Please let me know what you guys think. Well thats all for now. l have to weight down the nose with something as it will be tail heavy and l have to do it now as l wont be able to later

Hacker :) :(

post-542-1177249239.jpg

now on to the second layer. Last night l thought of using bondo or body filler to smooth things out and use it as a second skin but l have my doubts about using it. l have used it to fix cars so l know what l am using hence why l am not sure . What do you guys think?? :unsure: :lol:

hacker :D :o

Hi Hacker

I wonder, will the thin plastic card you've used for 1st and will use for 2nd skin take being glued without warping/melting? I had thought of this for my BV 155 but was advised that the thin plastic wouldn't take the glueing.

Getting a layer of bondo thin and even over the surface sounds quite hard to me??

What about using thin aluminium from foil tray etc... Klaus used it for parts of his He 162 to good effect. I'll watch your quest for a solution with great interest...

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Well school has slowed my work here down a bit but not totally. l been working on it at nights for an hour or so and l made some progress.

post-542-1178888763.jpg

l need a seat so l took an old what l think is a Revell hurricane seat and modified it to look like the one that is in the Kikka

Guest UMIRESIN

OH MAN ! ! That's looking GREAT " Hacker " I can't wait to see more progress pics as this comes together ! :)

Guest UMIRESIN

:blink: Sooooooooo ummmmmmmmm Dave ?

When you get " my " Kikka " all done & shipped to me ? Are ya gonna make another one for yourself ?

( snikker ) heh heh :P

P.S. run away from bondo -it falls right off sheet styrene as a rule as one said .