1/32 Spitfire Mk.21/22/24 Wing master patterns...

Derek B

All of the various spent ammunition cartridge deflectors and fairings have now been fabricated and added to the underside of the wings (although I still have to add a little more detail to some of them yet). Next job is to start detailing the undercarriage bay.

post-596-1174703639.jpg

Thanks Roger P...Here's what's next...detailing the undercarriage bay - phase 1 (mostly the underside of the wheel well). Phase 2 will be adding more detail to the wheel well side walls.

Derek

post-596-1174876679.jpg

Altough the curved strip of plastic may look a little odd at first, it does serve a purpose. As it was not possible to truly represent the actual squarish boxed in nature of the full size wheel bay, many of the main wheel well features are mere representations here. I the case of this curved strip of plastic, the nest picture shall show how it fairly represents some of the wing frame structure when viewed obliquiley.

post-596-1174876953.jpg

More progress on the port wing undercarriage bay (all I have to do now is make the starboard side look the same now!). Still a lot more detail to go in these wheel well bays yet.

post-596-1174954298.jpg