Maths Conversions for changing scales

perrisb

Thanks all for the information. I'm going to try something new and take a set of Eduards PE for the 48th scale N1K2 George and enlarge it as a paper copy in 24th scale to see if I can then use the paper copy as a pattern in order make some detail parts for the my Bandai George...

Thx,

Brian

Or, if you can't access a professional copier, or yours won't go that high...

3 separate copies at 1.25%, then 1.26%, then finally 1.27% will get you pretty darn close at 1/23.997 scale?

Er, shouldn't that be 125%, 126%, 127%; taking the wingspan, of a P-38, at 1/48th, as 13", and using those figures, I get a span of 26.00325", which, as you say, is 1/24th. Adding an average of 1.26%, I only get 13.5"

Edgar

Guest UMIRESIN

You guys are kidding right ?

1/48 is exactly 1/2 of 1/24th so 24 divides into 48 twice , or 200% as Matt said

1/72 blown up 226 % sometimes only 225% equals 1/32 by the way 1/48th blown up to 150% equals 1/32 again .

Excellent idea Brian. I've seen guys do that with tanks in 1/16th scale starting with 1/35th scale P/E. .015 thou or so?

Things like schurzen hangers and such. Post some pics of this exciting new development please.