FW 190 D-11 conversion...

Dave Pratt

The Cutting Edge seat came in handy for the build and looks much better than the kit offering.MDC belts were pulled from one of my 109 cockpit sets and painted white with a drop or two of RLM 02.I used .010 lead wire for the harness attachment loops and drilled two holes for each side,then ran the loop through the buckle.It worked pretty good I think...

post-90-1173608799.jpg

Last brutal picture for the time being.Here's one of the gear legs which was replicated from the picture on page 8 of Jerry Crandall's "Doras of the Galland Circus".I'm learning how to use a new camera right now so don't be too hard on me for the pics.Something to do with the F stop...F comes to mind right now...cheers

post-90-1173609356.jpg

Steve,

I received my D13 this morning in the post.

You have demonstrated better service than a lot of online companies of dealt with over the years.

Packaging was excellent and the subject was undamaged by transitt, and Par Avion as well!!

Salute! and many thanks from the Antipodes.

On the Fw190D-11, there are two gun ports for the Mk108s. A question/feedback for potential users - would a vac-formed part be too much of a nusance for you to cut out and fit? or a resin part be too much of a nusance for me to pattern, mold and cast? The later would be a major pain for me, as I'd have to do really fussy things to get reliable casts - versus a fairly simple matter of duplicting the current form for running up a mess of vacs. So, how about if I supply four bits for the conversion, and if you don't destroy all of them in the process, you'd have extras to dress up your '190As with the kit outboard Mg151/20s that need to have their gun ports replaced?

Here is what the part looks like.

post-948-1173752675.jpg

Steve I think the vac part would work fine seeing as it's thin enough to go right on the bottom leading edge without the surgery that I'm having to do.The gun ports can be done by using the outboard 20mm kit parts and drilling as well as dremel work but those vac gun ports would make much more sense and ease of application.Any chance of purchasing a few sets in the near future?

I'll simply send you a few. The '190A-8 kit's version of the gun ports are a bit undersize/lame for my taste. The vac'ed upper wing bumps okay for you?

I need to find the time to get more done on my 'D-11, "White 61>" (using the JaPo '190 camo book with the EE decals) and 'D-13 "Yellow 10".

I'll likely do at least one more 'D-11, but which? And a 'D-13 diorama with the motor cannon and wing guns being serviced.

I've also got a 'A-8 that I've converted to a very late war patchwork machine, with the big tail, R-2 wing guns, and '190D style drop tank rack.

I'm holding off on the vac upper wing bumps for the time being but I did end up using the A-8 kit parts for the under wing panels.I just filled in the small shell ejector opening.We'll see though.The wings are going together this week so if you have a set of those gun ports available I sure could use them.They look much better than what I had planned.The over all fit of this conversion has been spot on and a lot of fun to mess around with.Just how many 190s do you have on the go anyways.It sounds like a small assembly factory.