21st Century Bf 109F... toy or model? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

one0nine

A great scheme for the Porche!!!!! I am glad to see you making progress- Now if I can get the damned Macchi off the bench, I can get back to the Messerscmitt- by the way- how hard would it be to convert a G-4 to an F model????

Looks Great Man- Say Hi to the wife for me!!!!

THOR :lol:

Ok guys, here it is with everything but the antenna... Dullcoated it tonight, cleaned up the canopy sections, added a slight bit of weathering with drybrushing and pastels and the ubiquitous Prismacolor silver pencil... and I have to admit, it's rather grown on me now that it's wearing a flat coat. It just looked WEIRD all glossy. :lol:

Shawn, these markings came from an Eagle Strike set released back in 02 or so.

So, what do you guys think? Is it a toy, or is it a model? B)

21f403.jpg

21f402.jpg

21f401.jpg

Lynn... It's definatly a model !! and a beautiful build. I'm a newby to this forum but have followed your work for years. I'm building the same model, but doing it up in the ' Enemy Ace ' colors... I'm finding it's really a fun build. Got a question though.. the main L/G.. the area between the axle and the strut.. should it be silver/ polished metal or was there a rubber cover over it like on the FW-190 ?.. I can't find any ref.

Lynn, very nice model <_< B) :lol:

These 21st century models are fast growing on me...anyone know of a good UK source for these kits?

You have done a marvelous job on this model Lynn, there is so much scope for additional work with these kits (and sometimes, not any more than any other so called 'real' kit!).

Thanks for the build

Derek

Very nice. Enter it at an IPMS show. Ahh the challege of beating a hasegawa kit with a $10 21c kit........ I have considered just that lol. Now where is that corsair/109F. I cannot find one any where in Atlanta. Very nice Lynn. I do not think I have ever met you, Doug Nelson Talked me into bringing my last 2 48th 109s to the "Display" in Atlanta. I am looking forward to V. Beach 08....I do a few 109s/190s myself.

S!

Came out looking really nice, interesting scheme. It is most definitely a model, I do believe there are some people are just like complaining for the sake of complaining. If they continue to expand their range, this will bring a nice breath of fresh air to the hobby, doesn’t feel quite as bad when you chop up a $10.00 kit for a conversion as when you do it to a kit that’s over $100.00! From their scale on the box, they have also given themselves plenty of room to grow, it will be very interesting to see what they do. It looks as good as more expensive models, can’t wait to get to my Zero .