Dragon Mustang - bonus decal

Radub

Oh Lord, look at the Dutch roundels... c'mon, people, it's a very simple formula. 120 degrees between each color, it's not friggin' rocket science. :angry:

That said, I hadn't seen the FEAF roundels on Mustangs before... any photos around of this?

Lynn

Wow, those Dutch decals are really sad!!!

If I may venture a guess as to why they're so bad.... They're done that way on purpose for web display so that no one can take the image and make a decal right from it. The resolution is far too low for decal printing. If one tried, you'd end up with a horrible looking decal.

If it's the makeup of the decal however (and they do look funny) it may be because of what I've said above OR... they really do suck.

Just my .02..... :)

TimC

Hi Guys,

It appears that these kits haven't landed in Australia yet, however I am extremely happy with the Aussie special decal release as this 'stang is also now a restored flying warbird based less than an hours drive from my house!!!! :lol: :lol:

Now to save up the AUS$ 1400 for a ride in the back seat! :P

Best wishes from Oz

Jeff

That'd be right...goin the gouge on the aussies...jacking the price up.

No wonder I'm just about boycotting my local hobby store...

Hobby HQ might be cheaper eh Steveo...it has been for the Hasslegawas in the past.

Cheers Matty

Steve and Matty,

Thanks for the reply guys!

Would'nt you know it? I couldn't wait for my HLJ ordered kit to arrive, so I grabbed one from Hobbyrama today for $52.95. There's only one left as of 2pm this arvo. They have sold all there other stock out in TWO days.

And guess what? Got home and on the doorstep is the one from HLJ. B)

On the Hobbyrama kit there is a small sticker in the left lower corner saying " Includes RAAF 82nd Squadron decals".

They are pretty close to the decals on the "real" Snifter, but the colours are wrong. <_<

And I've got to admit, in the flesh, they ain't bad. Sure the wings need filling, but overall the kit looks streets ahead of the old Hasegawa kit. I'd rather fill the panel lines and rivets then have to rescribe the whole kit!

No guessing what just jumped to the lead of the "to do" pile. :o

Cheers,

Jeff M