OK I can't take the pressure!

LSP_Mike

The title says it all; I will do the F4f-4 wildcat- this is from the Smithsonion box. I am going to follow a group theme here and add some odd bits out of plastic and wire, not too much P/E. My general theme will be "The Dark Days"; After Coral Sea, when the US could field about 5 carriers, and the Japs could field...OH,about 12! Many pilots fought zeros and had not much more than guts, and armored seats. Yet, the wascally Wildcat carried the day.

Way to go Mike!

I built Revell's Wildcat way back in 1974. Had a ball doing it, too!!

It was the first time I used my airbrush.

I put the wing roundels on backwards, and "weathered" it so much that we all agreed at the local hobby shop that an aircraft that "dirty" would have been pushed overboard.

It was great!!

Ted

hopefully this will come out :o A general view of the work so far, I think most are familiar with this kit. All the work to this point is with plastic. some wire and stuff will be used, but not going overboard.

post-105-1168969896.jpg

Ok, what you'll see when I close it up. I built all the wing fold stuff even though you won't see it. I did a better job this time.(last time was in '75) Sorry about the pic, I am a crappy photographer.

post-105-1168970626.jpg

Another shot of the engine,and wires. Most will be hidden in the cowling. Sorry about the bad pics. This should show the wires and little straps(the silver things) I used solder and super glue.

post-105-1169231112.jpg

Hi Mike...a great improvement on the kit parts buddy. I like the little straps on the lifter tubes..nice touch. Ah...what would modelling be without some evergreen styrene eh? Top stuff...look forward to more. :ph34r: :lol:

Cheers Matty

Good work so far.

Will the wings be foldable ?

I remember doing them years ago. After folding them severalk times the hinges broke. Watch out for that. Decide witch option and leave it.

Don't play with it afterwards ! Models aren't toys :D