Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk1a

RWKennard

Richard that cockpit is simply brilliant. I love the leather seat and headrest. They look so realistic. Your method seems so simple and yet it is really effective, I shall try it out next time I need to paint some leather. it really looks good and has the well worn look you would expect a seat to have. Great going, that cockpit is truly a masterpiece.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all again.

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Its been alot of fun and I'm glad your enjoying the progress.

Here is a little more I've done. Finally got the under carriage unit painted, attached and all plumbed up!

The waldron placard didn't quite go to plan and as you can see I made a bit of a mess of it!

The Brass nuts are from Mastercasters purchased through Cammett Ltd.

post-1348-1196236088.jpg

Back again

Another shot. Better view of the brass nuts. Also at the top left I test fitted the gunsight bulbs.

I will try to dull down the hydraulic lines. A bit bright aye! The instrument panel is the kit suplied, not overly happy with it, but it'll do.

Thanks for looking

Cheers Richard ;)

post-1348-1196236942.jpg

Just magnificent Richard, absolutely gorgeous!!

Jean

P.S. The waldron placards are considerably overscale anyway, especially for the undercart controls, so just cutting out the "up", "down" and "chassis" bits was the right thing to do.

Dang Richard,

I've been following this build for quite some time. Your work is outstanding. How you manage to recreate that small detail just amazes me. Although I can do this somewhat, I always have a problem with getting proportions correct and getting things to stay in place while I try and fit everything together. Congratualtions on work well done. Looking forward to seeing this completed.

Cheers

Carl Smoot

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Hope everyone has had a great Xmas and New Year break!

Work is slowly moving forward with the Spitfire. Got the gunsight made. Turned it out of brass.

Going to use the kit part for the lense. Also got the bulbs fitted!

post-1348-1199939180.jpg