Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk1a

RWKennard

Hey Andy

Thanks for your input. Your Trumpeter Mk v has been a great source of inspiration for this build.

Hows your 1/24th Hurricane coming along? Love to see some updates on that!

Cheers

Richard :)

I got 'distracted' and went and bought the VFS P-40, chopped the nose off, hacked the flaps out and am currently looking for a shot of the bulkhead area down to the wings. My pretty little hurri has gone back into the box until I can get some tubing to rebuild the cockpit. I never could leave well enough alone. :lol:

Spits seem to be undergoing a bit of a revival here at the moment, and builds like yours are giving me my weekly fix of quality. I counted about 5 24th scale builds on here I think. I had to get away from them for a while, Jean has inspired me to bash a MkIX some time soon, so I needed the breather. Hehe.

• 4 weeks later...

And here are the bulbs. 0.5mm wire with Kristal Klear for the glass.

Thanks for looking. Tips and hints welcome

Richard ;)

Ps. AndyB you can never have to many 1/24th scale builds at one time!

post-1348-1188716671.jpg

Hi Richard,

That' s about as complete a Spitfire cockpit as I've seen, together with Brian's (in 32 scale) and Andy B's (and Derek's unfinished - harumph- one). Your pics have joined theirs in my favourites to help keep me focused. A very exciting thread for Spitty fans.

Jean

P:S: We want lots of photos in your next update!

Hi Richard,

beautiful work yet again on your fantastic 1/24 build! I always get excited when I've noticed an update on this thread, because, as you know, the subject is close to my heart. :) But you are turning out a lovely model. That 'pit is just the ducks nuts!

Keep to progess shots coming mate.

Cheers

Ango

• 3 weeks later...