F4J in Cunningham markings : FINISHED

blackbetty

Heh, that looks familiar. Good thing I've got vise grips, clothespins, and duct tape here. I have my lower wing halves together, and the outer wings done... working on the inner wings now. By the way, I'm glad you're not doing "Showtime 100", purely because I feel Randy Cunningham is such a jackass. :blink: I've got markings to do a 1/48 F-4J as "Silverkite 212" from VF-92 which I'm looking forward to.

Lynn

ok, time to paint

remember, its only three sizes of (revell) brushes - these tend to leave hair as "raised detail" on the surfaces. the boxart shows a plane that was assembled using putty (at least on the sparrows) and some kind of airbrush or spraycan for the overall grey and white, but because i want to duplicate the "35 years ago-as-a_kid" experience, i will use only brushes

chris´ cieling hanger seems a good idea for the finished model, just have to find one that is high enough so you cant see any detail :lol:

post-2020-1167997477.jpg

little pices take time

its real hard to work with glue out of the tube

painting the whole lower fuselage white with a brush is no fun either, i´m at my third coat

You would be much better of with one of those glues with a needle.

I really enjoyed following this build. It reminds me of the the fact that we should really build for our own satisfaction, and not for anyone else. In this day and age where we seem to build for everyone else's visual gratification, seeing a model built like this reminds me of how I used to build, and of how much personal satisfaction it gave me, not to mention the simple, pure fun of it. Maybe I'll put away the airbrush and buy a wide brush instead....

Lee :unsure: