F4J in Cunningham markings : FINISHED

blackbetty

so its finished, the brown gunk that came with the decals turned out to look as weathering B)

mission accomplished? well kind of. the build definitely took me back to my early days of modelling, but not all memories were pleasant. if i would have started with a kit that fit so bad, i might have given up modelling early. i now know again how lucky we are to have better kits today. even the trumpeter mig 17 i did before now seems better after tackling this one :P .

it was fun though, i didnt use one source of reference and didnt worry about how it will look after finishing (well i admit i took a peek into "...and kill migs")

now what to do with it? the thing is so embarassing. maybe blow it up, like we did as kids.... :ph34r:

post-2020-1169555796.jpg

• 15 years later...

Oh wow what a flight back in time! You know blackbetty it really has the shape of a Phantom and tbh your paint looks good…from that camera angle wink wink! Really as a kid we were thrilled with it. Had to have taken forever with those 3 sizes of Revell brushes :clap2: Never worried about breaking it when flying it around the house or anything either!