Jump to content

Count me in - P51B Mustang - Red Tail: FINISHED


Recommended Posts

While I waited for the wings to dry, I started on the drop-tanks. These are from my Hase P51D, I'm going to try my hand at reworking the hangers/shackles & plumbing them in with wire later on.

 

Adrian A.

post-177-1169006105.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about those hi-tech clamp around those tanks!

Anyway, while I waited for the tanks to dry, I did a little work on the landing gear.

I mounted the resin wheels on the gear & started to run the brake lines but midway through I got an idea on doing something different - I'll try that out tomorrow & post a pic.

 

Adrian A.

post-177-1169007229.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the night up on 'Ina' by doing a little work on the gun-bay doors, I'm starting to try to move forward on the gunbays a little & I hope to wrap these up in another day or so. These are going to be a job for me - I'm not very good at scratch-building so everything I do scratch build is (in addition to being a little bit crude!) is just another little step for me trying to improve.

By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else jump around from one subassembly to another. It seems to give me a little 'break' from waiting.

Thanks for looking!

 

Adrian A.

post-177-1169007786.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them!!

 

Mike, I didn't get into the discussions on the new Dragon Mustang recently, but let me tell you, after working on this kit - I would GLADLY pay 30 bucks for that new Mustang!! I WISH I had the Guns & ammo belts for this build!!

 

Allok, speaking of jumping around - that's ALL I did tonight!

 

Erwin, I appreciate it! I'm looking forward to your new P40 build.

 

I had a pretty good night of working on 'Ina' tonight. I managed to get a number of the little things out of the way & start on a few others.

 

I'll start tonight pics of the gunbay doors - a little more work done on them tonight. I'm hoping to wrap them up in another day or two.

 

Adrian A.

post-177-1169092887.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

While the chinscoop dried, I pulled out the machine guns - this pic is a comparison shot of the Hase gun & the Verlinden gun. The Verlinden is SOOO much better detailed although it was not designed for aircraft.

But I'll only need the body of the gun - not the barrel.

I've started to work on one of the Verlinden guns - cutting away the mounting bracket & misc. bits' I won't be needing.

The Aber kit will be used to supply the photo etched ammo belts & a few other bits & pieces.

 

Adrian A.

post-177-1169094160.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

To those of you that have never built this kit - I have to tell you the doghouse scoop fit is the worse fitting part of this build so far. Second only to the fit of the wing/cowl area.

I worked on getting this part to fit for a while - this is as close as I got!!

It looks a lot better than it really is in the photo!!

post-177-1169094560.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...