I'm in - Mirage III - but...

Iain

Work starts on the cockpits - here the panels are starting to come together:

At right - the superbly detailed Kit rendition! B)

Middle - Mirage IIIRS based on a good clear photo of a Swiss RS panel on airliners.net :D

Left - approximation of Cheetah cockpit based upon feedback from Charlie at www.wildaviation.com Push button panel to be added above middle CRT and Blind Flying Panel at right... :)

cockpitpanels.jpg

Panels in 10 thou styrene - brass elements from generic Reheat sets...

Instruments will have glazed backing sheet and instrument faces from various decals...

Am off to get a Chinese Takeaway now - may get some more done later B)

Looking great already :unsure:

however may I suggest that you move the seats foward a bit more. I' ve been looking at

the placement of the seat and I started to look at pictures from books and also from other on line builds that did use the CAM Kfir set and noticed that the seat has to come half way the canopy opening.

post-1504-1168208632.jpg

this is how far I'm talking about, It may be like you posted however to me they just seem a little to far to the back.

Alos are you going to keep the side panels or are you also going to replace to too?

Ps that swiss recce bird you are doing wouldn't have to ba a all black bird now would it? :)

Greetz STB

frederick Jacobs

Hiya Frederick,

Thanks for the reply and photo... :unsure:

Yup - spotted the position thing - the seats are quite a bit further forward in the tub now after fitting new bulkheads/seat rails - and I still need to reduce the height of the base of the seats to get them to sit a little lower/further forward...

Side panels - probably make new ones - the kit ones are pretty poor...

As to the Swiss IIIRS - probably going to do the special 'retirement' scheme - the one from the pair that had the black underside - light grey uppers and special marks - saw it at Fairford and think it looks pretty sleek! :)

IIIRS.jpg

Have fun!

Iain

hey iain, very nice work so far! a guy im "my" other forum has built both of those specially painted mirages. maybe, his thread could be interesting for your build. i think you'll have to register to see the pictures, but it's worth the "pain"! :rolleyes: here's the link: Mirage build @ Flugzeugforum.de cant wait to see more of your work!

Thanks Starfighter - that's absolutely superb! Have registered and gone all the way through...

Quite a few things I'll be doing differently - but a huge amount of useful material there! :blink:

On the first page - Looks like Revell did a special boxing of the kit with the Swiss Black and White markings? The builder used masks - but did Revell do a decal sheet?

Cheers!

Iain

Thanks Starfighter - that's absolutely superb! Have registered and gone all the way through...

Quite a few things I'll be doing differently - but a huge amount of useful material there! B)

On the first page - Looks like Revell did a special boxing of the kit with the Swiss Black and White markings? The builder used masks - but did Revell do a decal sheet?

Cheers!

Iain

I was wondering that too I never knew they made that boxing two mirages in one box way cool. I realy look foward to seeing this one getting build I realy like those schemes.

he definatly did some great things with the kit especialy the wheel bays were verry useful pictures to me :blink:

I also loved his scribe- and riveting job he did on the kit it made all the difference.

Anyway love to see some more Iain

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Thanks for the info Starfighter...

I'll probably mask mine - and to the Mirage titles on the Alps...

Ray - thanks for the Matterhorn link - may have to get a set, or two, of those Afterburner sets! :)

Right - am off to the workbench for an hour, or so - wish me luck! B)

Iain