"Old Revell" Kiwi Corsair ; FINISHED

Allok

Cheers Guys... but it'll never be Hawkins or a Cauchi.

Actually, that sounds a bit like a designer label!

In truth, I can't afford after market and wouldn't know what to do with them if I did... probably try correcting them. Incidentally, I'm copying mine from a picture of a Verlinden cockpit and I spotted a mistake with that!

I can't really even afford new kits. Which is why I have to do this to these old things.

Maybe if I win this I'll end up with a new Messerschmitt, although I think Hackers got that sewn up.

Don't forget, we haven't seen what Chris or Matt are up to yet!

Instrument panel is completed.

I prefer to hand paint the dials... old habits and all that.

post-1256-1168279301.jpg

A dob of white glue in each one and the cockpit is ready to be closed in.

Some random shots this time.

The cockpit is in, the fuse is glued together and now I'm just filling gaps and generally tidying up. I'm trying to keep as much of the original surface detail but there are just so many dimples and cracks!!!

Getting the fuse together was a bit of a mission. There were no less than six individual parts that had to go together simultaneously. This was entirely my fault due to all the scratch building combined with warped parts. It all straightened up in the end with the help of lots of glue and tape.

post-1256-1168497919.jpg

post-1256-1168497963.jpg

post-1256-1168498013.jpg

A quick shot of the underside showing the wheel wells, some of the gap filling and the beginings of the flap arrangement.

Starting to look a bit like a plane!

post-1256-1168498397.jpg

Got the stuka out last night Erwin, should I start another thread?

The more I see of this build the more I lik eit and the more I appreciate what you are doing. My corsair was the same guy with the same box art from way back when. Only mine was very light coloured plastic and not blue like yours. This is no quick build and you are doing a fantastic job there. I think that you have addressed all the bad points of the kit. I love the wheel wells. Keep this fantastic work going.

l always love it when a coursair is well done and this is more then well done. :D :lol: Nice Job. When l do mine (when l buy a kit) its going to be an RCN pilot by the name of Lt Grey who died pressing home an attack on a Japanese destroyer ( he won the Vixtoria cross )

Hacker :lol: :D

When l do mine (when l buy a kit)

Hacker

When you do buy a kit, for Gods sake, spend the money and buy a Trumpeter one. This one is not flash!

Oh, except for the... um... ahh... BUY THE TRUMPETER ONE!!!

I guess after that little rant I should post some pics to explain my frustrations.

At the moment, I am just going around the kit adding the odd missing detail and smoothing off the blobs of filler. This process is taking a little longer that usual because I want to wait for the glue holding the fuse and wings together to go hard. Normally you could get away with a bit of rough handling after only a few hours, but due to the warped parts, I want to make sure it really sets before trying anything else.

Undercarriage and aerials are on. This shot also shows the new radiator vents and the little bits of plastic that will hold the flaps on. These parts are mostly ficticious as I don't seem to have much photo reference for this area.

post-1256-1168731084.jpg

A real nasty problem may also be visible in this shot. As I was bulding the flaps and dry fitting them, I noticed that the underside of the plane, where the wing roots are, is not symetrical. if you look closely at the fuse panel between the trailing edges you may notice that the flap on the right is further forward that the one on the left. Looks like Revell have built a twist into their design. If I had sanded off all the surface detail before I started, I may never have noticed this.

DUDE

nice tweaking :lol:

looks great mate, never mind the flap I'll suppose you can get away with it since they are definatly looking at other parts of the airframe I can garantee you that.

Looks great so far I can't wait until the paint is going to hit the model. I always feel a bit wierd when seeing all that white plastic and extra detail get the same color ;) but ok I'm wierd that way

Anyway I'm just verry pleased with the work you did so far and I must say it's also verry tidy done nice and clean, just the way I like it :huh: :o B)

Keep m coming

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs