Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

post-542-1168133921.jpg

An end shot showing you what l was trying to achieve here with the supercharger. When gluing the solder in you start from the right and work your way around. As you can see each piece over laps the other and it was the only way to do it. l think l got pretty close to the look l wanted.

post-542-1168134222.jpg

Now here is the part that drove me nuts, the fuel lines. First l took two pieces of solder to the appropriate looking size and bent them across the top. down the front and across the bottom to get the shape l needed. l super glued one on each side and waited for the glue to cure. Then l took fine wire and started to make the fuel lines going from the main line to the cylinders.( hence why l kept the nubs). As you can see l left them a little long so l could work with it as l place each on in place one by one.( total of 48 in all)

post-542-1168134686.jpg

After the glue was cured l trimmed the wires and filed them down. l also at the time glued the coolant tank on the front (this is why l did not make a new front for the engine. You couldn't have seen it when it was done anyways)

post-542-1168135088.jpg

And finally last pic of the day. As you can see l been detailing the top trying to make it look busy and complex like the real thing. Some of the wiring will have to wait until l get both the cockpit and the engine painted and assembled together before l finish detaling it. l still have to paint the Sabre engine and l was thinking of painting it a dark grey like gunship grey or darker and then paint some of the details in black and silver. Anyways thats all for now. next is painting it

hacker :) B)

Bloomin' 'ell Hacker, that is some seriously great detailing work! Reminds me very much of Mr Cauchi's Typhoon from a while back. Your detailing of the engine and wheel wells is very impressive. Can't wait to see them painted and washed!

I have this kit in my stash and will be using your efforts here as a guide for sure. However, you make all that reworking look far easier than I suspect it is!

Top work mate, keep the pics coming!

Cheers

Ango

You chose a tough nut hacker but you are doing one hell of a job.

Oh diffidently.(tough nut is an understatement) ;) Its been a challenge around every corner and each having its own unique set of problems to solve. If l had not chosen to open everything up it would not be as bad. Right now my new challenge to this plane is the radiator. The one l made and posted no longer exists as l was not pleased with how it came out so l made another one that's better. Along with it comes the challenge of making the mounts that hold it to the engine bearing arms, no small feat. While l been think on it l been trying to finish the cockpit so l can paint it. More pics are coming but once l get more things done to post

hacker :lol: :D

***Experienced modeller alert going on here*** :D ;)

Nice work Dave. You do realise, that once you start thinking like this, there is no return...ever :lol: (Many have fallen, look what happened to Chris 'The Ripper' and 'Hannover', Brian C. and Alan in Austria, etc ;)). Seriously though, nice to see your modelling develop in leaps and bounds and each new challenge is a steep learning curve, but ho so satisfying when you achieve it. Keep up the good work Dave.

Best regards

Derek

The one l made and posted no longer exists as l was not pleased with how it came out so l made another one that's better.

hacker :) B)

Oh diffidently.(tough nut is an understatement) ;) Its been a challenge around every corner and each having its own unique set of problems to solve. If l had not chosen to open everything up it would not be as bad. Right now my new challenge to this plane is the radiator. The one l made and posted no longer exists as l was not pleased with how it came out so l made another one that's better. Along with it comes the challenge of making the mounts that hold it to the engine bearing arms, no small feat. While l been think on it l been trying to finish the cockpit so l can paint it. More pics are coming but once l get more things done to post

hacker :blink: B)

Hi gang got more done the last few days and l am going to share the progress l made so far. First off the new radiator.

post-542-1168460590.jpg

After taking the old radiator l made apart this is the only two things l found to be useful, The front air intake for the engine and the duct work