Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

l made the following quote a few days ago and upon recent research proved l was wrong

There is something curious l like to mention here while l am here. l don't know about the rest of you guys but l am sitting here looking at the Revell exhausts and to me the seem backwards to me. The thin end l think should be going to the engine and the wide should be out.

Hacker :) B)

The next part of this project l tackled the exhausts. Taking a look at all the recent photos and drawing and other info at hand l decided on how to proceed with this

post-542-1169595024.jpg

Looking at pictures of Jays build of the MDC Typhoon and the part where he is painting the exhaust l came to the conclusion that the MDC exhausts where technically right but should have been more square then round when compared to the actually units. (see above)

post-542-1169595659.jpg

Taking the appropriate size drill l drilled out the side of each exhaust pipe. l then cut, filed and sanded each one to shape. being careful not to over do it and not to sand out the mould line on the part cause it was actually there on the real thing

post-542-1169596369.jpg

And last pictue of the day. Just about there gang. Hopefully l can combine the engine and cockpit assembly together soon to show you what the combination looks like. Well thats all for tonight. Hope you like what you see so far.

hacker :) B)

Wow man, masterclass work you are doing here. Ihave been down this road a long time ago but I can relive all I did seeing your work. It is great, neat precise and really fun to see it all come together. The kit is terribly lacking and except for the basic shape needs corrections/detailing in everything else. Very very well done indeed. You have really taken the bull by the horns here.

One thing I forgot to tell you, the duct leading from the radiator to the engin is much too small as given in the kit. You have to beef this up a lot. I had mine made from Milliput.

Yeah l have realized that. Having no milliput and no access to it at the moment l have to struggle with alternatives ways. The duct work will be the last piece attached as l plan to install the engine and radiator on first and connect the two togethere with the duct work. That way when l make the duct work it will be a "made to fit" piece

Hacker :lol: :blink:

you can try to use the kit part and enlage it by inserting plastic spacers since it comes in two halves. I think that you could do it this way.

Hey Brain great idea!! Why did l not think of that :D :blink: ( then again its early in the morning here and coffee has not kicked in) :lol: l will use this and will keep it in mind when the time comes. right now l want to get the whole assembly together and do the duct work then so it will fit properly but again great idea thanks

hacker :( :P