Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

post-542-1168466289.jpg

Finally on the cockpit front l cut out the side panel and detailed it with attachement points. Well thats all for now gang. Hope l been informative on this. l still have to paint the engine more but l am waiting to finish the cockpit and put it together as a single unit and finish the detailing of both before l weather the engine and parts of the cockpit. l am close to assembly of the whole thing. :ph34r:

hacker :ph34r: ;)

Looking great.

BTW,I mailed the metal rockets. I can say that the kit's landinggearlegs are strong enough to take the extra weight. I know for sure because they come from a trashed model.

That is really nice work. You must get a better camera! I bet your work will look even more impressive :-)

Radu

Oh agree but its not the camera but the operator.(operator error???) l need to fiddle with the camera settings. l am not very camera literiate yet but l am working on it.

hacker :) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys how is your weekend so far?? For the past week l been busy but l manage to put a bit of time on the old Typhoon. l been painting and detailing the cockpit and l think l have enough to show you so progress.

post-542-1169313841.jpg

l painted the whole cockpit Testor's RAF Interior Green.

l then painted the inside of the fuselage of the cockpit area and the instructment panel Testor's interior black. After things dried l then started the long process of detailing and painting.

post-542-1169314144.jpg

and here is the results. Now mind you some of it still not glued in yet as l need it still loose as l still have some other things l need to add. Hopefully l am closer to finishing this assembly and l can move on to the wings again.

post-542-1169314648.jpg

This is the firewall so far. The one box is an tank part and the box at the top that's the fuses and it's an HO case of pop bottles. l have not decided if l am going to leave the engine bearing arms in the green or do them in aluminium or a combination of both. Haven't decided yet.

post-542-1169314893.jpg

Been working on the engine too. This is as far as l have gotten. l got more to do yet but it will have to wait until l mate the engine onto the engine bearing arms. l don't have pictures yet of the wings but l got both wheel wells painted aluminium and in the process of weathering them ( suggestions here) and still working on the gunbays too . Well that's all for today. l will be looking forward to hear what you guys have to say.

Hacker :D :lol:

Thanks guys :unsure: Glad you like it so far. Today l plan on sorting out the Hispano cannons and the Sutton harness so the seat will be ready when it comes time to permanently install all the cockpit components. The radiator is another thing l need to sort out but l think it will be best to figure that out later (got time on this). My biggest hurtle will be re-scribing. Like l mentioned before l ain't the world's greatest but l got a lot of great tips from you guys and l hope l can get some of the tools you mentioned for future projects. :)

There is something curious l like to mention here while l am here. l don't know about the rest of you guys but l am sitting here looking at the Revell exhausts and to me the seem backwards to me. The thin end l think should be going to the engine and the wide should be out. Anyways l hope to get the gun bays done so l can start putting the wings together. Oh yeah speaking of the wings, the wheel wells how would you guys go about highlighting and weathering them?? Most one l have done have been painted where these are aluminum so l am not sure how to go about doing this. :D

Hacker B) :)

Got more done on the weekend. l build the 20mm cannons and they turned out better then l had hoped and thanks to Erwin had enough belts of ammo to finish the job. so while a have a bit of time l am going to post what the gun bays look like now.

post-542-1169496421.jpg

here is what they look like outside of the wing. The parts are not glued in as l still need add some wiring and piping. l made the ammo boxes out of solid plastic with thin plastic for the sides. I even embossed the sides in an X from corner to corner to simulate what might be there. l finished them in dark green. The brackets holding them was made out of channel and painted Testor's steel for contrast. The ammo belts are from a Matchbox Spitfire Mk 24. (thanks Erwin). The hydraulic jack for the flaps was made from styrene tubing and rod