Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

post-542-1168462039.jpg

The back l detailed with some corrugated plastic roofing from a N scale kit ( just to have the back different) and the duct work for the intake. The intake l am not sure l want to use yet so its not glued on. Its just held in place the tight fit

Now my next thing on my list of things to do here is the tail planes. Now all RAF and RCAF Typhoons received the new tempest tail planes either in factory or as a field modification. Seeing that l wanted a fully modified RCAF aircraft l would have to put these on. The debate going on in my mind (yes l do have one but severely over taxed here) whether l wanted to go through the afford and what method. l settled on doing it and the method after consulting the gurus of plastic hacking ( thanks for the advice Derek and Radub). So here we go

post-542-1168463104.jpg

first off l glued the kit tail planes together then cut off the elevators. l then glued plastic to the cut faces so the parts will hold their shape during the surgery. l then filed the plastic down to conform to the pieces

post-542-1168463557.jpg

Now l wanted to keep the location taps in place where they go into the fuselage but still enlarge the unit. So taking a page from the book of Radub l cut the tail plane up in a fashion that would give me the results l needed.

post-542-1168465681.jpg

back to the tailplane. l glued two thin strips on the trailing edge on the top and bottom where the evelator fits in. l then sanded both the outside and inside to shape. l then primed both peices to check for defects