My FW-190 D

georch

• 4 months later...

Back to this one again! ;)

I wasn't satisfied with the horizontal stabilizers camo, so I have repainted them! I think they look much better now! Hope You like it!

DSCF2513_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCF2514_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Cheers

georch

Hello Everybody!

I've started to paint the fuselage! For the "low quality" RLM 76 (RLM 84?) I used 1:1 mix of RLM76 and RAF Sky (Duck egg green) with some drops of Gunze sail color.

Here are the pictures! Hope You like it!:rolleyes:

DSCF2538_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCF2539_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Cheers!

georch,from Hungary

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture from the fuselage of my Big Tail Dora! I will have to buy a new digital camera, because something happend to mine, and I really have to struggle to make even one picture, that is useable... :angry: I've used a mix of Gunze H421 and some Gunze Chocolate Brown for the RLM83... Maybe its not the best, but I like the result. I've used preshading for the base colors, and I have post shaded them using lighter shades of base colors (for lightening the colors I have used sail color).

Hope I will have a new camera soon, and can post more pictures!

All the best, and have a nice Halloween!

fuse1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Cheers

georch

Question for you.

What color do you use for your wash (the brown) on your landing gear etc? (assuming it is a wash) is it oil paints thinned down or some other method? I really like it. Can you decribe your method?

Question for you.

What color do you use for your wash (the brown) on your landing gear etc? (assuming it is a wash) is it oil paints thinned down or some other method? I really like it. Can you decribe your method?

Hi Ron!

Sorry for the late answer, but I've been out for bird watching at the Hortobágy, at the weekend! :)

First time usually apply a thinned artists oil wash (I use a very dark brown oil paint), than I apply some black and burnt umber dry pigment, first I add some black to the panel lines, and than I add some burnt umber next to the panel lines (I hope you understand, what I'm trying to say..). After all I fix the pigments with matt laquer. I'll post pictures, if I will have a new camera, and I will start do the weathering of the airframe...

Cheers

georch

• 2 weeks later...

Well... My trusted Fuji camera failed (well, after 4 or 5 years, the first time) and I had to send it to Budapest (far away from my hometown), to get it repaired... :angry:

I'm almost done with the painting and weathering. The decals are on, now I will have to find out, how could I make nice exhaust stains to the fuselage (remeber Fancherello's artwork on his Dauntless! :rolleyes: ) I think I will use pigments...

I've borrowed a crappy digital camera from our office, so theres two pictures from my FW190:

533662140P1010001_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

1025658121P1010002_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Terrible pictures, but will give You an idea of where I am in this build!

Will post more pictures when I'll have my camera back!

Cheers:

georch

Hi Georch

your pictures show at least a great paint work on your model. Shadows and weathering look very subtle and this is exactly the kind of contrast I like.

Thanks for your kind words anout my SBD, but I dont feel that stains will be a difficult thing for you to permorm with airbrush/pastels !!!

all the best

Fanch