REVELL Phantom..........technical challenge

Chris/Germany

Chris/Germany.....you are obviously a madman and a genius at the same time. Your modeling stands alone for technical depth, function and inspiration. You continue to scale new heights in this hobby and you seem to do it effortlessly. Yes, I'm heading up your fan club here in the U.S. :) This project looks incredible and I can't wait to see the rest of the story.

Thanx mates, and thanx wingman :) ...........yes, this project is, although a technical challenge of extensive framework and details, a lot of fun so far...............seem to have a "good run" these days ´cause no major desasters happened at the work so far ( except the "overturned" first J-79............must have ben a "0-series-model" :lol: :lol: )

And although normally I´m a very, very impatient modeller I notice myself more and more thinking twice ´bout doing the next two or three steps in modelling this beast. B)

Glad you like it..............eh.........wingman............should i come for a visit and an autograph-hour to the fanclub? B)

thanx mates,

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

short update:

powerplant is installed, fixed on the inside ( where it´s not visible) with lots of simple silicone. This material is ideal for fixing heavy parts and also the powerplant is completely "embedded" which prevents the engine from giving eventual vibrations to the whole kit............although the "second edition" of the J-79 runs so smooth.............. I ´m seriously thinking ´bout adding a sound-module to make people notice that something is happening inside! :rolleyes:

The big part with the wiring is the middle-section wall which will be added soon.

post-44-1165091894.jpg

outer side...............cutaway line of the J-79 is marked/ red, wiring and plumbing done.

Next step will be mounting fuel tanks and additional wiring and plumbing in back-fuselage .

enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

post-44-1165092058.jpg

Chris this is absolutely amazing and IMPRESSED and AWED don't even tell the tale. You are taking this to an entirely new level. Fantastic job!!!! Can't wait to see your next update......WOW!!!!!

This weekends work:

Horizontal stab should also be "cutawayed", unfortunately the kit part is a massive one! So I had to scratch the starboard stab..........but no big deal, a few sheets of styrene.............done! :P

post-44-1165274387.jpg

tail-interior and wall between the powerplants is also done with wiring and plumbing and mounted..........still missing are the fuel tanks ( will be made from a bals-core, covered with styrene) except fuel-tank Nr. 2 ( black thing visible directly above the starboard engines intake)

enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

post-44-1165274854.jpg