REVELL Phantom..........technical challenge

Chris/Germany

Hi Chris,

...I think I'm gonna change your name to 'Chris "The mad ripper" Novak'... :D <_< :lol:

Seriuosly nice work there Chris...almost has me looking at the engine maintenance books to see when it's due its next overhaul!

Well done

Derek

Thanx a lot mates, glad you like it.................and so do I! :) ..........was a bit scared ´bout the challenge of rippin this beast after I had the first look to the cutaway-drawings and noticed the complete skeleton........this monster seems to have more ribs ´n bones than a whale! :P

but again, i seem to have a "good run", lets knock on wood for further progress.

Thanx again,

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

Yeah Chris, I think the sound chip would be a very good addition and certainly a simple task for you. I'd also recommend police tape around the table when you put it on exhibit so you don't get a repeat of the tourist with the camera episode. :P A curious person might see the blur of the fan blades and say...hmmm, it looks like they are turning but that can't be...I'll just touch it with my finger or this ball point pen in my pocket and AAAACKKKK!!!! Just a bad dream. You do need to collect all your planes and come across the pond so we Americans can see them in person :)

Hello Chris your work is mind blowing KEEP IT UP it all

most makes me want to start biulding planes again LOL.

I'am having to much fun with model trains to go back to planes.

Steve :lol:

Armstrong BC.

canada2.gif

Thanx again for your comments, mates! B) ...........short update:

main/fuselage fuel tanks installed , fuselage-framing done............and.............

............Uhhhh................I love cutting holes into planes! :D :D ............

Because of the "good run" this project seems to have I decided to give her a full set of flaps/slats, even at the cutawayed starboard wing. Here´s a quick shot of the separated parts, ready for the framing session. :D

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

post-44-1165614830.jpg

Hi Chris - absolutely ingenious, man, this is so much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing it with us...

And I agree with Chris, we absolutely MUST see video of the engine... And I agree that you really will need a display cover for this so it doesn't get damaged... I envy your motivation; it would be so easy to get stuck in analysis paralysis with this... I know I would. Cheers to you mate!

Jimbo

hy mates, update of saturday-evenings work ( while I watched JurassicPark I and II on TV ´till 2.30 in the morning :lol: ):

main spars on starboard wing installed, also wings leading edges are sculptured and slots for the slat-extenders/mechanism are mounted. Next step will be inserting ribs.............

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

post-44-1165770524.jpg