Q: best way to glue resin to plastic ??

Hi all,

What would be the best way to glue the resin Warbirds Hurricanewings onto the plastic ? (see 'In Progress' )

I fear that it will be the most difficult part of the build for me.

Is there a slowsetting superglue I can use.

Most superglues bond fast without time to make small corrections to the fit.

If you have any tips for me,please let me know.

Hi Erwin,

try to get thick Superglue.

Otherwise you can use thin Superglue if you have enough spacebetween the upper and the lower wing parts. Tape them together and let run thin Superglue from the inside around the edges. Hope you know what i mean.

You could also use Revell "Contacta Liquid Special". This stuff is very thick and need days to dry. Spread on both parts the glue, let it sit for about a minute and then press both parts together. This is the easyest methode, but i should mention, i don´t like that stuff. As said, it need days to dry and it is not very strong. If drop down the wing, you have two pieces agian. Don´t know if there is a word for this in englísh...

I would go for the thin Superglue methode.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Erwin,

For this type of job, I prefer using epoxy glues. They're a little bit messy to use and you've to mix the glue and the catalysor. However, they give a very strong bond and you've plenty of time to test fit.

In DIY shops ("Brico" in our country), they're often sold in dual syringes but hobby shops or RC shops generally have similar glues.

HTH.

Erwin,

For this type of job, I prefer using epoxy glues. They're a little bit messy to use and you've to mix the glue and the catalysor. However, they give a very strong bond and you've plenty of time to test fit.

In DIY shops ("Brico" in our country), they're often sold in dual syringes but hobby shops or RC shops generally have similar glues.

HTH.

This sounds like a good option.

Thanks for the replies guys.