Future on transparent canopy

Hi all,

I've just received a bottle of Clear from a Uk friend. Well it is time to test this miracle tool for decals. But... I was wondering if it is better to spray the whole model with the canopy in place or not. If yes after decalling the model has to receive a coat of matt or semigloss paint and the canopy must be remained gloss on trasparent parts only.

Any helps

All the best

Fil

PS very very nice new forum, best compliments

Hi Fil,

i do it like that:

When i start a kit, the first step is to cut out the clear parts, dip them into Future and put them down on a thick paper tissue. Watch that the tissue sucks up all the thick drops at the edges of the clear parts. Otherwise you´ll get some nasty big bubbles... Cover the parts on the tissue with something to keep the dust away. I let them dry for about three days. Then i repeat the procedure one more time.

When the model is glued together and it comes to the paintjob, i mask the areas on the clearparts which should stay clear, glue them into place and start the painting. After the model is done, i remove the masks as the last step.

I wouldn´t recoment to brush or airbrush the clearparts. Sure, it´s selfleveling, but an airbrush makes such a thin layer on the part, i don´t think it´ll work. Like i said, i got best results by diping the parts into a cup with Future.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris