Using the Verlinden F4U-1D Cockpit...

perrisb

I have, see my build in the in progress section.

In summery it's not too bad. I used the kit side walls and Verlindens bits and pieces. The bulkheads need a bit of sanding but it's not bad at all.

Way way way better than the Aires wheel bay set, stay well away from that one.

Has anyone tried the Mike West (Lone Star) gear wells on the Trump bird? I have a set for the old Revell kit--wonder if they'll fit the Trump??? Thanks Jamie for the cockpit info--I have been following your build.

Brian

Has anyone tried the Mike West (Lone Star) gear wells on the Trump bird? I have a set for the old Revell kit--wonder if they'll fit the Trump??? Thanks Jamie for the cockpit info--I have been following your build.

Brian

I would consider using the Aires wheelwell sets. The Lonestar ones are nice, but a bit sparse in detail. The Aires set has corrected gear doors as well. They also do a 'pit set, which is what I got for mine. And their gearwells fit the Trumpeter kit's wings beautifully btw.

And don't take Jamie too seriously. He's an upstart and a rogue. He still owes me 9 shillings 3 pence for the propeller I sent him. :o :lol:

Anyway, good luck on your build!

Regards,

Ross

I'd have to add the aires gearwell sets fit very nicely in the lower wing, but a lot of material needs to be removed from them so the upper wing fits better. I'll do a thread when I start mine, and I'll find out soon enough exactly what's up. But watch Jamie's build up as well as the others doing this kit.