Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'n1k2'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 4 results

  1. Howdy, all! Thought I would show one of my latest projects on the bench, Hasegawa’s 1/32 N1K2 Shiden Kai “Late Version”.......I started this some weeks back as a bit of a “pallette-cleanse” due to some heavy projects on the go. I have been “project-locked“ for some time, and decided that this kit might get me out of my own head! As always, I have started with the cockpit.... The cockpit was sprayed with a black base coat, followed by a coat of Model Master RLM82 Dunkelgrun, as I find it to be a very close match to some pictures I came across of the George that was restored by the Team at Champlin Fighter Museum. I experimented with some different painting techniques to add highlights and shadows, as I found that the cockpit, when assembled, is really dark inside the fuselage. Black components were edge-highlighted in black grey, and the natural wood knobs were painted in Model Master Radome Tan, followed by a coat of Tamiya Clear Orange. Chipping was done by hand with a fine brush, as was some of the generic placarding. I also took a page out of some armor modelers’ playbook, and also forced highlights and shadows with oils. (Martin Kovac is excellent at this.....check out his channel “Night Shift” on the ol’ YouTube!) And another. I still have to put some clear over a few instruments lenses on the radio and side consoles. I will also add some rudder pedal straps from leftovers of an HGW seatbelt set..... Seat assembly was painted as before, HGW seat harness set was installed, and draped in a bit of a haphazard manner. Still need to weather them slightly further. Another. I like the chipping on this one. Still need to add a few scratches with a silver Prismacolor pencil. I will complete this just before I install the cockpit. Right sidewall. Raised details were highlighted with a mix of the base color, and white. I then applied oils for weathering, including a washes and filters. Left Sidewall...... And lastly, the instrument panel. All dials were individually punched from the Hasegawa decal sheet, and applied. The power wire for the reflector gunsight was added from .015” lead wire. I will add the reflector glass from tinted acetate, just before installation of the canopy. I also have the fuselage halves glued together, as well as the wings. I plan to take more photos when there is something more interesting to look at. Thanks for checking in. As always, comments, critiques, and advice always welcome....Take care, until next time..... THOR
  2. Hi Guys, A straight 18 day build with time off for Telford. A simply lovely kit that's well engineered and goes together with hardly any filler at all. Hope you like it. Regards, Bruce Crosby
  3. Hi Guys, After building a WNW Junkers D.1 and a WWI resin Daimler Marienfelde truck for Aviattic, I needed some modelling me for me. The first thing that shouted out to me was the Hasegawa N1K2 George kit so just before the Telford Show I opened the box and started cutting plastic. Box Art: Test fit of the wings: Test fit of the fuselage halves: Cockpit parts painted and odds and ends of the Eduard etch set added: Regards, Bruce Crosby
  4. I finally got my grubby mitts on the new 1/32 N1K2-J kit and couldn't wait to start it this past Wednesday. Since then, it's assembled minus the engine and can say with only one minor complaint, that the kit is simply superb! Hopefully I'll be able to do it justice by the time it's done; am tossing up on paint schemes now. The kit is so well designed with its internal bulkheads that no glue is needed at all to join the wing assembly to the fuselage. The wing spar slots together with the front bulkhead so firmly that perfect fit is achieved with no filler needed either. Can't complain about that! Cockpit - no seat harness, needs some wiring on the floor, and the wire on the seat bulkhead is far too thick is plastic; nothing that is a deal breaker and detail is great. The exhaust pipe array is all molded in one single piece, which is really quite impressive to see. Only a few minutes of scraping the seams with an scalpel and it's good to paint. The one real complaint is that the separate tail was engineered to join between two sets of panel lines, requiring you to fill a seam around the full circumference. Why Hasegawa did not engineer the kit to join at one of the two panel lines, i don't know. Progress so far: The tail join Cockpit: The green was a mix of tamiya colors (olive drab and nato brown, if I recall), Everything else hand painted, tamiya black panel line accent used for the wash. Very, very highly recommended! Cheers Mike
×
×
  • Create New...