Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'archer rivets'.
Evening everyone! With the Corsair complete, it's time to start a new project and to get it rolling (and help keep the pressure on me) by posting a new build thread. Tackling Trumpeter's SBD-5 Dauntless, which thanks to Bill (wmoran), I got a great deal on. I've been scrounging the internet to see what's available aftermarket wise, as well as bugging you folks in the aviation forum. Looks like there use to be quite a few items from Eduard, but all are discontinued. I did find a dive brake set on eBay, but I'm not sure I want to do that work! So far, I've come up with the MasterCast
Based on the experiences I had building that Trumpeter Wildcat we've begun to make some changes in our Surface Details. No more multiple scales on the same sheet was probably a good place to start. Full sheets of Dzus fasteners in 1/32 and 1/24 ($17.95 each) Thinner and tighter spaced rib stitching for aircraft with fabric control surfaces in 1/32 and 1/24 ($17.95 each) Full sheets of WWI fuselage stitching in 1/32 and 1/48 ($17.95 each) and 1/24 ($21.95 each - large sheet) We also added dry transfer 1/32 Generic data stencils in Grumman font researche
Hello everyone, my name is Woody and I’m a rivet counter. Before we get started, a little more about myself. I started building models “seriously” in the late 80s, but building a business doesn’t leave time for much else so the last time I actually finished one was back in 1996. Keeping in mind that I’m now 72 with cataracts developing (surgery is scheduled) and hands that are slowly turning into boxing gloves - onto the build. The Wildcat would never have been something I would choose to build, but in the course of developing our line of aircraft rivet sets I figured
This beautiful T-38A Thunderbird took a long time and she took a short time. I began a year ago and made good progress through learning to vacuum form a canopy. Then with the pending release of the KittyHawk F-5's I decided to wait it out and gather up some cockpit and clear parts to really make her look sharp. So a year long build timeline with about 4 months of that being actual bench time. The final model is a combination of the Hasegawa F-5E, Belcher Bits F-5A conversion, KittyHawk F-5E/F and some Bondo spot putty! The cockpit and pilot are painted with Vallejo acrylics and the helmet is h