Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Stuka'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. Hi all, I thought I'd post some photos of my 1/32 Trumpeter Ju 87A, done in Condor Legion colours. The markings are custom masks, as is the emblem on the spat. The model was built with Eduard extras, and the paints are from MRP (Mr Paint, Slovakia). In all, a trouble-free project. I modded the cowl to correct a couple of anomalies but didn't bother with the lower spat shape. I could live with that. This model and build article are in the latest edition of Military Illustrated Modeller, which should be in the shops right now.
  2. Hello, everyone. I just finished this one today, after exactly one month of working on it, pretty much all day, every day. I'm not usually one to get the newest kit the second it hits store shelves and, even if I do, it will normally sit for quite some time before I get around to building it. For some reason, however, I had to get this kit and buid it, as soon as it came out. I'm not a Stuka fanatic or expert, by any stretch, but there's something about the early A model Stuka (often referred to as "Anton") that appeals to me. Anyway, I started this kit with the intention of just doing an out-of-the-box "quick build". However, I started to see a few areas in the kit that I thought I could improve upon and things kind of snowballed from there. I have to thank all of the guys who followed along with the WIP thread, (found here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=53021), as many of them helped me along with photos, additional information and, especially motivation and inspiration. I want to give a special thank you to Alain, for pushing me to put more detail into the cockpit, as well as for the idea behind the first aid compartment and it's panel (which turned out great!). The kit's pit is not too shabby, but adding even more scratch detail to it and posing the canopy open to show it off was a great decision and I'm glad I followed Alain's advice and finally "saw the light" of his vision. The list of modifications and additions is too long to get into here, but you can read all about it in the WIP thread. I did my best to explain and photograph everything as I went along. Overall, the kit isn't so bad. Some of the parts and assemblies fit as good or better than any other model I've ever built. Some areas are not as good, however. The kit has more than it's share of shape and detail issues, but I was able to at least improve the look of a lot of these things, at least to the point that it satisfies me. Other than a few flaws that I decided to live with (and a few more that popped out at me while editing the photos!), I'm very happy with the way this model turned out. It's very unique and looks great in my display case. I also learned a lot more about Stukas while building it and it also allowed me to stretch my skill set and try some new things. I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed building it! John First off, the only photo of the plane I wished to model (which wasn't on the decal sheet, of course!).
  3. This was built from the 21st Century Ju 87B/R kit. The kit was a gift from a friend (thanks again, Brad!), and included included a resin Bf 109E seat with belts molded in of unknown origin that worked like a charm to replace the kit's bulky, inaccurate pilot's seat. Eduard's color Zoom set was also used to enhance the cockpit a little. Paint is the new Humbrol RLM 70 & 71 for the base topside camo, Testors Model Master RLM 65 for the undersides, and a mix of Model Master RLM 79 and Floquil Mud for the "Italian Sand" oversprayed on the topsides. The Eduard cockpit PE is a color closer to RLM 66 than 02, so I went with 66 for the whole cockpit so it all matched (even though the cockpit probably should have been 02). The red snake decals, however accurate/inaccurate the red may be, are from the old Tally Ho! 32001-2 sheet. I used these red snakes just because I like the look the red snakes better. Blame that on the old Revell boxart. The Tally Ho! sheet's crosses and other markings were not proportioned properly, so the kit's decals were used for everything except the snakes. D
  4. Hi guys; thought you should know our NEW Ju 88 EagleCals are on their way from Cartograf in Italy. They are available in 72nd, 48 AND - WAIT FOR IT .... 32nd!!! And, we have rescaled our 32nd scale Stuka decals to 48th and 72nd. Visit our site for more details at http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals.html Thanks for visiting Judy
×
×
  • Create New...