Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'PCM'.
Found 4 results
I've had the idea to do this conversion ever since Alleycat released their PR XI conversion a few years ago. I figured with the overall PRU blue, it would fit nicely in with this GB. The PCM kit is a great starting point as you're basically building it unarmed. The contents are typical short run but nothing unexpected. The Alleycat conversion set:
I figure since I'm looking after this Group Build, I should really contribute. I'd forgotten that I had this kit, I bought it along time ago with the best intentions of building it, but quickly realised that it was probably beyond my skill level at the time, so I put it back in the box after cutting two pieces off their casting blocks. The '202 is listed as being flown by Brown, probably when he was dispatched to Southern Italy in 1943. Several fell into British/Commonwealth and American hands during the war, as well as being used by the Germans, Croatians and the ANR. The Swiss ordered some, however they were not delivered. Survivors were used until 1948 as trainers in the reconstructed Italian Air Force and multiple examples were rebuilt to Macchi 205's and sold to Egypt, where they saw heavy fighting against Israel. You can tell rebuilt 202's as 205's, as they retained their fixed tail wheel. The Egyptian aircraft that were not shot down by the IAF were retired in 1951. Today, there are only 2 survivors. I've not decided on a colour scheme yet and it might take a few weeks for me to make a start as I've got other kits I need to finish.
Hi all, Taking a break from my Me410 build which is a pretty tedious and long build, I felt I needed to build something quick and easy to keep the spirit high. I choose the PCM Fw190 as my subject. Turned out it was not a quick and easy build. Should have read the forums before starting... Anyway, the model turned out ok-ish. Again made some stupid errors. I forgot a few parts in the landing gear bay. This wan't fixible and in the end I opted to build the model in flight. This led to anther 'problem', a pilot. As the fuselage was already buttoned up it was no easy task to add a pilot. In the end I felt like a surgeon, but the poor guy made it and is happy flying ;-). As the build wen't along I tried some new techniques and paint. Rescribing panel lines (thanks for all the tips), Maketar paint masks for the insignia and the absolutely fantastic Mr.paint series. This techniques will proof invaluable for my Me410 build. Better make the mistakes on this build then on a â‚¬200 + kit! I will build another A3 from Zoukei Mura when it will be available in the future. I think it's such an awesome looking figther, build just for that purpose! Without further due, here are the pictures, hope you enjoy. Cheers, Wouter
Finally Just finished the 1/32 PCM Tempest...not going to do that again! That was a tough kit. All the parts were close but just enough wrong to make it a build. Yea...yea...yea...I know you are supposed to build these things and I am whining about doing some work... The resin doesn't fit, the cockpit isn't even close, the photo etch it too big, the gear needs help...waa, waa, waa. Shelf fodder.....