Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'F-4J(UK)'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • GT Resin
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Well, it's been a long haul but I'm finally calling this done, Tamiya's 1/32 F-4J finished as ZE352 74 Squadron RAF 1988. I bought the kit originally to do an FG1 conversion but with a kit being announced shortly after receipt decided I didn't need the pain of all that cutting and filling. As we all know the UK J's were delivered in a funny colour so I wanted to emulate that but also wanted to do a scheme that was a bit out of the ordinary, ZE352 in 1988 seemed to offer this, she was bit worn and tired, had a replacement panel in RAF Barley grey and some zap graffiti. So this is what I was aiming to achieve: I added some aftermarket - GT Resins F-4J cockpit and seamless intakes, Eduard exhausts, Yellowhammer decals and used some old Reheat ejection seats that I have had for ages as I wasn't so happy with the GT ones (detail was a bit muzzy). Painted in Xtracolour X127 for the Flint Grey and some assorted greys from the paintbox for the rest. I apologise for naff pictures, I'll try for some better ones if the sun ever comes out again. These are from earlier in the build; The hot section was painted with AK Interactive True Metal paste and some Baremetal foil. The red lines are to simulate the RTV106 sealant commonly seen. All comments good and bad welcome Dave
×
×
  • Create New...