Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Do 335'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • GT Resin
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 4 results

  1. Hi guys I finally managed to finish Anteater nice kit of interesting plane - quite simple to build, no issues at all painted with Mr. Color, Alclad II and Mr. Paint, weathering done with MIG prod. and AMMO of Mig Jimenez stuff. AM used: ZM interior designed for two-seater ZM metal antenna and pitot tube Eduard Brassin main wheels Eduard exterior you can find WIP thread here thanks for looking and any comments are welcome jan
  2. Hi guys, While finishing Uhu I started to work on this one . Big thanks to our member Juraj (Trak-Tor) who was so kind and picked up one for me in Telford and arranged the transportation to my place. I know that one-seat versions have been on the market for some time now, but I was looking forward to the two-seater version. It looks somehow more interesting to me. I expect it to be straightforward and simple build. I plan to skip all inner details that will not be visible after finishing. I have some extras, and will use everything that will give better or more detail. Box is full of sprues. All main parts are from clear plastic which is little tricky to work with, but after my Ho 229 I know what to expect (lot of painting from inner side). You have 2 instructions, 2 decal sheets printed by Cartograf and 2 canopy masks. I'm still waiting for G Factor legs (hopefully somewhere over Atlantic currently ). And will add HGW seatbelts as must have and metal pitot tube from ZM As the only printed reference material I have Airframe and Miniature by Waliant Wings, which is IMHO great book with superb photos As for version designation, I plan to build W/Nrs. 240112 which should be A-10 instead of A-12 according to Airframe data. Version A-12 was conversion based on version B-6 (differences: Jumo 213 engines instead of DB603, different engine intakes location, larger front wheel). Based on this evidence kit depicts the A-10 (conversion based on A-1 / A-0). And I like the idea (based on Airframe evidence) to finish undersides in natural metal instead of light blue as recommended by the manufacturer. I will post first in progress photos soon thanks for looking jan
  3. I have been hesitant to post my progress on this one as I haven't had the best record on finishing my large scale projects, but here it goes. This is the HK Models Do 335 B-2 kit. I have been working on it on and off since last fall. I have the Eduard Brassin wheels and muzzle brakes as well as the HGW seat belts to add to the kit. The rest of the details that I will add will be scratchbuilt. I plan to do it in the following whatif markings that I found at http://www.inpayne.com/whatif/whatif4.html. I am hoping to be able to make my own masks for the major markings using my Silhouette Portrait cutter. I will be using a combination of Tamiya, Model Master Acryl and Vallejo paints for the entire project. I don't always follow the instructions to the letter and skip around to the areas that I feel like working on at the time. This kit was no different. I started with the front engine. I didn't like how HK molded the front propeller shaft to the engine front (part O20) making it so the propeller wouldn't spin. I drilled through the center of the propeller shaft using the hole that was already in it to get the center. I then cut off the molded shaft and drilled the hole out so the new shaft would spin freely. I then used some styrene rod in various sizes to make a new shaft and mounting point for the front of the engine. I modified the kit gun barrel to fit my new propeller shaft so I can glue it in after assembly ( to keep from breaking it off during construction). I did have to enlarge the hole in the propeller just a little bit to make it fit the new propeller shaft. Now the propeller spins and the gun barrel is stationary. Next up I modified the radiators, both front and back by adding some fine brass screen to the faces to give them some detail. I applied masking tape to the faces of the radiators and then used a pencil to mark the edges, making a template to use to cut out the screen. For the front radiator, I added a couple of strips of styrene on top of the screen. to be continued. . .
  4. Work in progress for one of the mags - great kit - lots of detail - slow build due to complexity. Lots of fun though! Cockpit, fuel tank bay and rear engine: Fuselage buttoned up - I really hate working with large chunks of clear plastic: Wings and tail parts all done as well - so should have a complete airframe over next few days. Iain
×
×
  • Create New...