Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Caterham'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I've really been bitten by the "Oh shiny!!!" bug lately. It sort of explains the lack of progress on a couple of my build threads. Between the F-4E, B-25 and Spitfire XIX ive got stated on here, I've pulled out of the stash and worked on a Zoids kit, a Fly Hurricane and now this. This is the original release of the Tamiya Caterham kit from 1994. At the time, it was supposedly the most expensive kit ever produced by Tamiya. I picked up my copy shortly after it came out and made a right mess of it. I tried to polish the aluminum body panels and only made it worse. I tried to cover the seats in leather and made them worse. So it went back into the box and has traveled with me for over 20 years. Earlier this year, Tamiya reissued the kit. I've naturally picked up a new copy to have another go at it. But I first decided to see if I could resurrect this one. To do so, I managed to secure new seats. The one panel that's really tarnished I'll just leave as there's not much else I can do. Here's what the inside of the box looked like after all this time. I had to brush off a nice layer of dust from a bunch of parts and them started in. The first thing I did was clean up the fenders and nose cone and spray them in a custom metallic purple I used a mix of Gunze purple and metallic black. The original paint had etched the plastic badly so it took a bit of sanding to get things smooth.
×
×
  • Create New...