Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Aires Resin'.
Found 3 results
And so it begins! A lot of things have been written about the Harrier series of kits from Trumpeter, and to be honest, a lot of folks have either been scared away from the kit because of a few minor shape issues and the somewhat negative reviews that came out just after its release, and you dont see a ton of them built as a result. The good news is that most of what needs to be "fixed" can be done so without a huge drama post condemning the kit and curse words flying across one's model bench onto the internet. Yes, this will require modeling skill, not just aftermarket, but anybody who has worked with plastic, putty and glue a while should be able to do this. I hope to show that with a bit of work, This can be a really great model. I have spent the better part of 3 weeks in my spare time collecting references, reading build logs all over the internet and watching video of the real aircraft from as many angles as I can. I dont know why, but doing this programs my mind to look for things that are not correct as far as the lines of the "model" aircraft when dry fitting, assembling and painting. It also helps to know that LSP'rs are around and lots of you like to help, so If I'm missing something I will ask for help, count on it! I will be using the following : Trumpeter kit 02286 Harrier II + Aires cockpit set 2171 Aires wheel bays 2116 Eduard photo etch for the exterior 32262 Wolfpack models corrected Air scoops 32061 I will possibly still pick up a vinyl det cord for the canopy and still need some decals. So far I've opened all of the boxes, the kit is fine some of the Aires is broken already, not hard to fix but I wish they would work on their packaging some times. I am currently cleaning up the cockpit resin since that's where I will start. Here is a pic of the whole lot, I just got the Harrier in a trade this morning! Thanks again to Jan and Ernst More as soon as I have something to show, Paul Lets Fly!
Alright so some of you folks have been very non observant.. over two weeks ago I changed my airplane pic in my sig.. then last week I changed my personal pic to the 90thTFS "pair o dice" logo.. then Ernie did, and THEN some of you guys noticed... Well, here we are. So here is what we are doing! A brief background to the 90th in Vietnam: The Squadron we chose to represent in the Group Build is the 90th Tactical Fighter Squadron. The 90th Was Assigned to the 3rd Fighter Wing on 9 June 1964 and Flew the Hun from 9 June 64 to 19 November 1965 from Bien Hoa From 3 February though the 10th of May 1965 the unit was detached. From 3 February 66 through 31 Oct 1970 the unit flew from Bein Hoa and conducted the large proportion of its strike and interdiction work over South Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. Ernie and I will be doing a first ever Buddy Build in a Group Build of the same kit, same materials same squadron of the F-100 D Super Saber. Trumpy Kit, Aires Super Set , LOTS of AMS Parts, Quickboost Refueling probe ,Zacto nose, Master pPitot tube etc etc custom art/ masks decals. You guys kick back and relax.. we got this! Now that Ernie has gotten all but his IFR probe we can get going.. Wish us luck folks.. Paul
Well here we are. Just a while ago this GB was nothing more then an idea.. a dream. My first project will be Trumpeter's A-4F. I bought the following additions for it and plan to use them all. Aires Resin cockpit set AMS Resin Corrected Air Intakes Eduard Slats and Vortex generator parts CAM Decals for VA 212 I will most likely do my own landing gear bay details when I wire and plumb the landing gear on the scooter. I will also use Harold's New MK 82 snake eye bombs and Paul Fisher's Zuni Rockets. Here is the prerequisite first day shot, taken early this morning before I went to bed.5/1/2014 I am looking forward to watching all the great builds, and thank you all for joining in! Paul