Search the Community
Showing results for tags '77 Squadron'.
Found 1 result
After finishing one of my other 1/72 projects, today I started on my next big project. A Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Mustang which will be done up as a RAAF 77 Squadron plane, based out of Japan during the early years of the Korean Police Action. I have been collecting a bit of aftermarket for this for a while, though whilst doing so, I'll be using much of the what you see here. I'll be using my Silhouette cutter again for many of the markings. So after spending in the morning pouring over my copy of Mustangs, ADF serials, Large Scale Planes and some other books, I got started. It always feels great making the first cut on a new kit. The first two assembled pieces. A few hours later I had the sub-assemblies of the Supercharged Merlin together and ready for paint. I'm loving the details on this engine. A few coats of Tamiya Semi Gloss Black later. A little detail work and dry brushing, and its well on its way. Still a lot to go though. I want to try my hand at the fuel lines and ignition leads, though the thought of it does make me nervous. Next stage is underway, but thats enough for now.