Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1/24 Airfix kit'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Hi All Well with all the inspiration around here and all the Mossie builds underway, I couldnt help but take a break from my 32nd BK-117 and start a model of my all time favourite aircraft. First up, this is a great kit and I totally applaud Airfix for producing this beauty....thank you! I have had a lot to do with Mossies over the years so getting this kit was a priority along with every extra produced. So of course I wasnt going to just build it out of the box as for me there was a lot that could be added/corrected. Now I have to warn you this will be a complete rework of this kit from nose to tail, so bear with me it may take a while. Here is the plane I am building, NZ2328 YC-C, she survives to this day And a few inspiring shots... First for me was to look at the wings. Built up kits look good in the dihedral but my wing looked flat and plank like. So the first thing I did was to add spars (thanks Brian!) these went fron the centre section to the outer wings and superglued to the upper wing to set the angle. Next up was to remove the lower tank bay detail as I dont like how the tank doors are represented by protruding plates. I removed these from the outer wings to rescribe later and added the beautiful lower landing lamps that David66 produces (thanks!). I cut the lamp cover out of the leading edge and glued the lower wings up. The centre section was then trimmed and glued in and new u/c bay floors added. The spar caps/weather strips were added firstly to the forward spars. These are 4mm x .025mm evergreen strips. These will have to be sanded back to make less prominent. At the same time the lower wider plate was added for the rocket attach points (series 2 wing). I had sink marks along my upper trailing edge, this was rubbed down, Mr Surfacer added and blocked back, a final spray of Mr Surfacer highlighted any issues that needed attention. I trial fitted the centre section and all fitted a dream.
×
×
  • Create New...