Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'barracudacast resin'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion & Research
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • KLP Publishing
    • Aerocraft Models
    • Archer Fine Transfers
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Modelling Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board
    • Traders Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Here is my first RFI on the site, proof that I actually have built some models more to come at later stages as I get pics taken. This aircraft is a Bf109G-14/AS from 4./NJG11 (or 5./NJG11 depending on sources). SAM Publications Modellers Datafile "The Messerschmitt Bf109 Part 2 'F' to 'K' variants has an image of the aircraft found in a hangar at the end of the war on page 55 of that book as well as a colour side-view on page 93. Some would have this as possibly a G-6/AS variant, but in my research the presence of the larger Fo987 oil cooler which is quite evident on the image puts this as a G-14/AS, as the G-6's used the smaller Fo870 oil cooler. But hey, I might be totally off the mark! I used the AIMS Decals "Late war 109's" decal sheets as a basis to cut my masks for all the insignia. Parts List: Revell Bf109G-6 "Late and early version" A.M.U.R Reaver Resin cowling and spinner/prop blades Barracuda Studios resin wing inserts, large oil cooler, tall tail wheel, MLG wheels AIMS Late war 109 decals (basis for masks), exhaust stacks, hatches and latches(to modify the filler cap locations for this a/c) HGW Rivet/control surfaces set (for Hasegawa, bit of fettling to make it work on the Revell kit), seatbelts and Bf109 stencil set OWL Fug217 antenna and exhaust stack covers (all now sadly OOP). Some Fug 217 were SB to replace broken parts Master Brass barrels Eduard Instrument panel and Brassin U/C legs Quickboost Revi C/D gunsight MDC Drop tank and centreline mount/braces Noy's Miniatures Luftwaffe Hangar for the photo's All paint/markings/spirals - Gunze Laquers. RLM76 overall Might be a bit more small things I've forgotten about, but hope you all enjoy Thanks for looking Iain
  2. PR Spit is coming to the final stages, the 262B needs to come back to the bench and I desperately want to start on a late war fw190, but I have a club GB for June that goes under the theme Simply Red. Visiting the Peterborough Model Show here in the UK back in early March (Pretty sure that's going to be the only one for us this year), I purchased a set of Alleycat Drone decals and a cheap F6F from another vendor. Its all about the paintwork for this build/GB, but as normal the am call gets the better of me every time. The kit pit is very basic and Hannants just received CMK resin pits for this kit so in the basket! Set of Roy's wheels along the way as well and off we go. I mated the wings and fuselage as it was clear the pit would slot in from below, no problem. This allowed me to join the 2 parts very carefully to get a good, neat join with minimal sanding afterwards. I don't want to go down the sanding/re-scribing route with this one as like I said its all about a red themed model, and I quite like the shuttle rivets on the kit. A very knowledgeable member of our club provided a lot of photos showing the harnesses draped around the headrest of Hellcats prior to the pilots entering, so as a visual talking point that's what I did, especially after finding the Hellcat is not the most 'open' pit and very difficult to see the detail inside. The pit is now installed And the wings attached. Again the fit was very good and no filler required. Next up is the fuel cell. Again the parts are very clunky so I glued and sanded flush and will use some PE to replace the straps. Tall tail wheels on these planes so found the best photos to see the construction and set about recreating. Albion Alloy, and plasticard and rods and a few hours wrestling but happy with the outcome. Order sent for the red and orange paints, hopefully with me next week. Aaron
  3. Just got the latest flyer from Eagle Editions. Looks like they are now starting to carry BarracudaCast resin... Mark Proulx
×
×
  • Create New...