Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'barracuda studios'.
AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G conversion for Revell MK II kit - with Barracuda & Eduard details - finished! Hi folks yes it is finished and what a journey - my first Spitfire in 20 plus years. I must acknowledge my debt to a Mr Thierry Laurant whose library and vast knowledge of the subject matter made the project possible - as did the SAM Datafile book on the Merlin Powered Spitfire's by Robert Humphreys . I will not bore you with a list of my woes and the parts of the model I wish i had spent more time on - I am just glad to have finished it. Upon getting the camera out I was delighted to remember one of my favorite albums from my teenage year 'A taste of Pink' by a British band called 'Prisoners.' If you like 60's bands like the Small Faces give them a try - anyway i thought the album was perfect for the Spitfire model haha. Ask any questions you like but for now here is a list of the products involved AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PV IV/IG conversion AIMS MK II upper cowl AIMS De Havilland spinner and props AIMS Monotone Spitfires decal sheet Barracuda Studios Cockpit interior Barracuda Studios Main wheels Barracuda Studios Deeper radiator Barracuda Studios Early ailerons Eduard MK II canopy mask set Eduard Sutton Harness seat belts Eduard Mk II Exterior Details Thanks John
Here is my first RFI on the site, proof that I actually have built some models more to come at later stages as I get pics taken. This aircraft is a Bf109G-14/AS from 4./NJG11 (or 5./NJG11 depending on sources). SAM Publications Modellers Datafile "The Messerschmitt Bf109 Part 2 'F' to 'K' variants has an image of the aircraft found in a hangar at the end of the war on page 55 of that book as well as a colour side-view on page 93. Some would have this as possibly a G-6/AS variant, but in my research the presence of the larger Fo987 oil cooler which is quite evident on the image puts this as a G-14/AS, as the G-6's used the smaller Fo870 oil cooler. But hey, I might be totally off the mark! I used the AIMS Decals "Late war 109's" decal sheets as a basis to cut my masks for all the insignia. Parts List: Revell Bf109G-6 "Late and early version" A.M.U.R Reaver Resin cowling and spinner/prop blades Barracuda Studios resin wing inserts, large oil cooler, tall tail wheel, MLG wheels AIMS Late war 109 decals (basis for masks), exhaust stacks, hatches and latches(to modify the filler cap locations for this a/c) HGW Rivet/control surfaces set (for Hasegawa, bit of fettling to make it work on the Revell kit), seatbelts and Bf109 stencil set OWL Fug217 antenna and exhaust stack covers (all now sadly OOP). Some Fug 217 were SB to replace broken parts Master Brass barrels Eduard Instrument panel and Brassin U/C legs Quickboost Revi C/D gunsight MDC Drop tank and centreline mount/braces Noy's Miniatures Luftwaffe Hangar for the photo's All paint/markings/spirals - Gunze Laquers. RLM76 overall Might be a bit more small things I've forgotten about, but hope you all enjoy Thanks for looking Iain
Greetings everyone! This is a build that I started late last summer. My builds usually take a while due to family stuff and my own a.d.d. but this one is taking a little longer since we moved recently and the holidays. Anyhow, this will be my version of Tamiya's Supermarine Spitfire mk IXc. I originally intended to build it straight oob but that didn't last long. I've added a resin seat and cockpit upgrade as well as the cockpit door from Barracuda and will be dressing her in Eagle Cal decals. I'll be doing the Polish fighting team scheme in honor of my Polish wife! If my updates are a little slow please bear with me, I build slow. The Barracuda control column next to the kit part The Barracuda seat next to the kit part