Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Gloster Meteor F8'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
    • Aerocraft Models
    • Synthetic Ordnance Works
    • Archer Fine Transfers
    • Hobbynut Models
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Modelling Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board
    • Traders Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. My Month long exile from the work bench is over. I spent two weeks in hospital for surgery on my leg and another two weeks at home and though I still have over 120 staples in my left thigh, I couldn't stay away from the bench any longer. Over the month away I spent a heap of time thinking about and researching my next builds and purchasing some new kits. In the end it came down to a 1/35 Blackhawk or a 1/48 Meteor F.8. The Meteor ended up winning, but as I had two kits in the stash and wanted to do one in flight and one with the engines and guns exposed, I decided to do the two at the same time. The inflight model will be A77-854 with rockets and will be 98% OOB with only the seat "enhanced" by photo etch that is left over from the under service Meteor A77-851 Halestorm which will have resin seat & spent shell chutes, as well internal photo etch updates from Eduard. It felt so good cutting and reshaping the first piece. Before long I had two tubs well underway. The OOB one fell together in under 10 mins, but even with the little photo etch involved, the other is taking a fair bit longer. I need to paint the seats, add some dry brushing to the cockpit walls and to apply some placard decals to both tubs and seats. The dials on the OOB IP will come from the kit decals but I think I'll need to add some extra colour too. Progress will be slow as I'm still taking it easy still, but we're on the way. Don't worry, the 1/35 Blackhawk won't be long away from the bench.
×
×
  • Create New...